Home

Football, 5 years after.

This is a discussion on Football, 5 years after. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #209
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Football, 5 years after.

Madden needs adjustable camera angles.....this game would be much better if they incorporated it......
Old 09-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #210
Banned

OVR: 49

Ive probably played more nfl 2k5 then 90% of the people here. That being said, I would bet my money that anyone who says nfl 2k5 is easy, couldnt beat more then 3/5 games at best in just all pro level. I am a decent player (as I have over 1k games under my belt)(under profile saves, not including unsaved games) and I could even loose on all pro level some of the time. The game is hardly easy and whats even better is its still acurate on all pro, not some ratings out the window difficulty game as some "other" football game does to equal the playing feild.

I say all this to simply question if the above posters have even played a full game of 2k5 on anything other then rookie or pro.

In the end what has football games achieved in 5 years? Whats new? Whats the latest innovation.....vision cone?...aka...the flashlight?

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-03-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #211
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Ive probably played more nfl 2k5 then 90% of the people here. That being said, I would bet my money that anyone who says nfl 2k5 is easy, couldnt beat more then 3/5 games at best in just all pro level. I am a decent player (as I have over 1k games under my belt)(under profile saves, not including unsaved games) and I could even loose on all pro level some of the time. The game is hardly easy and whats even better is its still acurate on all pro, not some ratings out the window difficulty game as some "other" football game does to equal the playing feild.

I say all this to simply question if the above posters have even played a full game of 2k5 on anything other then rookie or pro.

In the end what has football games achieved in 5 years? Whats new? Whats the latest innovation.....vision cone?...aka...the flashlight?

I will second this - there is no way NFL 2K5 should be easy for a Madden gamer. Madden isn't even real football, it is like playing checkers. NFL 2K5 is an entire different thing, it is chess. Madden is dictated by choppy animations while NFL 2K relys on physics. With perfect sliders, NFL 2K5 is state of the art football game. Why else are people still comparing this old game and not games like GameDay and Fever? Simple. NFL 2K5 is a real football game. You guys have to play more games to understand the controls, it is a different game. Don't expect to pick it up and know how to play. That's like saying... "I am good at Call of Duty, so I can play Batman Arkham Aslyum like nothing" Totally different. Ones a first person shooter, ones an action game. For Madden, it is like half NFL Blitz half Football and 2K is pure simulation.

So I do not know what you find easy about this game - but if its easy, check the difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #212
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
I will second this - there is no way NFL 2K5 should be easy for a Madden gamer. Madden isn't even real football, it is like playing checkers. NFL 2K5 is an entire different thing, it is chess. Madden is dictated by choppy animations while NFL 2K relys on physics. With perfect sliders, NFL 2K5 is state of the art football game. Why else are people still comparing this old game and not games like GameDay and Fever? Simple. NFL 2K5 is a real football game. You guys have to play more games to understand the controls, it is a different game. Don't expect to pick it up and know how to play. That's like saying... "I am good at Call of Duty, so I can play Batman Arkham Aslyum like nothing" Totally different. Ones a first person shooter, ones an action game. For Madden, it is like half NFL Blitz half Football and 2K is pure simulation.

So I do not know what you find easy about this game - but if its easy, check the difficulty.
Lol
Old 09-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #213
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
Going to have to disagree with you on that. Being a long time NFL 2Ker (first ever football game was 2K1), so I never played Madden up until 2006-2009... the passing game in NFL 2K5 is, and this is my opinion, better than Madden 2010. I played Madden 2010 with my friend at Bestbuy for a few hours on a TV when it first came out and the passing is just so different and sluggish. It is no where near 2K5 to be tied, and a lot of people think 2K5's passing is bad... fair game. I think the correct approach would be to say Madden 10 passing still needs work. It isn't route based passing, as viewed in Apex videos.
2K's passing game is by no means perfect, but it is in another league than Madden's. It is much more realistic in its implementation. Reads that you make in real life translate fairly well to 2K's reads. Making real life reads in Madden will more often than not, give you results that do not match what would happen in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »