Home

Football, 5 years after.

This is a discussion on Football, 5 years after. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #49
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Football, 5 years after.

I agree with most of the posts here.
I have not been blown away by the game in the last 5 years like I was with 2k5.
It feels like every year they are fixing things that are wrong with the game, adding in useless fluff, but never really getting to the next level. Like this year they finally add chain gangs and refs, really?, is it 2009 or 1999?

It seems like even hardcore Madden fans are getting to the point of asking how the series is not ahead of where it is.

What we have to look forward to.
3 or 4 years from now Madden will be a decent game with most people back to enjoying the series.
Then the new systems come out and they have "trouble" developing for it and have to leave out things like stat overlays and online franchise.
It's sad but it's been proven to happen.

The only thing I look forward to is maybe when the new systems come out they redo the game from the ground up and it leads to that phenomenal game we all want.

Last edited by voodoo_magic; 08-25-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #50
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Great post OP. Depressing when you really think about it.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:41 AM   #51
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
five years ago, if i wanted to enable a cheat like better catching, i would simply use a madden card which i earned by playing mini camp drills. now they want you to pay with real money for such ridiculous things. yeah, some progress. pffft.

btw, my copy of madden is still sitting on a store shelf near you. the only way i'll buy it is if it's used. ea, wake the **** up.
You know when I saw this I got angry. Here we are in the middle of a recession, people are losing jobs, houses and their lives. I see jobs that americans use to do leaving for china, India and other countries while the main owners live in this country raise prices of their product and receive huge bonuses.
Why after spending $65 dollars would I spend another dollar on updates to the game. You know what would be funny if every single gamer never brought the game again, then you will listen because then you will have to answer to your shareholders explaining why has the stock fallen.
I am not a madden ***** don't get me wrong, but somewhere,somehow a line must be drawn. If I am going to spend $65 on your product let me earn the extras thru gameplay you are not selling automobile parts you are selling a video game.

Note Madden promised coach mode, what we got was auto passing
not the samething as in the ps2 version.
Madden promised a pocket, but made the defensive rush disappear.
I like to see the stars stand out, I mean where you have to pay the most attention too, and you gameplan around them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 02:20 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
You know when I saw this I got angry. Here we are in the middle of a recession, people are losing jobs, houses and their lives. I see jobs that americans use to do leaving for china, India and other countries while the main owners live in this country raise prices of their product and receive huge bonuses.
Why after spending $65 dollars would I spend another dollar on updates to the game. You know what would be funny if every single gamer never brought the game again, then you will listen because then you will have to answer to your shareholders explaining why has the stock fallen.
I am not a madden ***** don't get me wrong, but somewhere,somehow a line must be drawn. If I am going to spend $65 on your product let me earn the extras thru gameplay you are not selling automobile parts you are selling a video game.

Note Madden promised coach mode, what we got was auto passing
not the samething as in the ps2 version.
Madden promised a pocket, but made the defensive rush disappear.
I like to see the stars stand out, I mean where you have to pay the most attention too, and you gameplan around them.
PREACH ON! That was a great post.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:20 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Its hurts when I think of how far 2K and EA could have gone if this exclusivity was banished from the start.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:50 AM   #54
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

About the easiest example I can give on where we are at this point would be...last play of the game, the cpu is down by four points...it has the ball on my 30 yard line. And what does the cpu do?...it throws a five yard slant over the middle...game over. That alone could easily be considered a game breaker.

The example above, is just one of many, of how weak the cpu AI is even as of 2009. To me personally, it's hard to believe todays football games, made by the largest sports game maker, can still be suffering from the numerous of most basic of flaws and issues we continue to see. Imo...graphics have improved. But over the last five years, little else has.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:54 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 24

*sigh*
I can remember renting both Madden 2005 and 2k5 as a comparison on which to buy----"Well Madden has this, but 2k has that"..........

Oh well.

That said, I'm actually enjoying Madden 10, for the most part. Unlike most, I don't play 20+ games for 18+ straight hours. If I play ANY game that long, it'll go stale quickly. Once or twice a week is all I have time for.

Maybe that's the reason I actually look forward to my days off (weekends) to play my franchise. Yes, I'm aware and have seen the bugs people are talking about. And yes, when the CPU starts going 15/15 on those dam flat passes, it's aggravating.

But I still have fun. Hopefully the most important issues can and will be patched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 04:20 AM   #56
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3

I know this is nothing important but I was playing 2K5 the other day and was struck by how fantastic the player models look.

For comparison's sake, Madden 10.

And lets not forget the Wii

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »