Home

So this adaptive AI

This is a discussion on So this adaptive AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: So this adaptive AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I disagree. I consistently see guys break off their blocks when I use sprint. And I mean the very moment I use sprint. If I don't sprint, my guys have a better chance of maintaining their blocks. I see it happen consistently.
Sorry, but I tested that one specific thing, for hrs and hrs the other day. It may seem it happens, but its just coincidence. I ran the same play over 500 times, alternating sprint and non sprint (I wasn't just testing that btw, I was testing fumbles and a few other things- not quite that sad ).

I can't state absolutely conclusively that this is fact, but testing very strongly supports it.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Just like stadium sounds. Those blogs had me at hello.
Uhhh...yea. What the hell happened to that?
Old 08-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #59
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I have had multiple 100 yard games and I use sprint when I get the ball many times. I let go of it to make moves, which is key. So it is basically..sprint, release, sprint again. I use a lot of wiggle on the right stick also so you have to able to let go for the wiggle, then hold it again.

Also, don't forget to hold RB when you get hit!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #60
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Sorry, but I tested that one specific thing, for hrs and hrs the other day. It may seem it happens, but its just coincidence. I ran the same play over 500 times, alternating sprint and non sprint (I wasn't just testing that btw, I was testing fumbles and a few other things- not quite that sad ).

I can't state absolutely conclusively that this is fact, but testing very strongly supports it.
I did the exact same thing. I sat and tested it over and over. This has been something that, IMO, has been part of Madden for years. And it doesn't make any sense to me that a guy would be easier to wrap up when he's bursting through a hole at top speed. Perhaps he's easier to trip up, but to suggest that a guy is harder to wrap up because he's running slower doesn't add up in my head.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I have had multiple 100 yard games and I use sprint when I get the ball many times. I let go of it to make moves, which is key. So it is basically..sprint, release, sprint again. I use a lot of wiggle on the right stick also so you have to able to let go for the wiggle, then hold it again.

Also, don't forget to hold RB when you get hit!
Perfectly put.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #62
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

I have a question I was playing my skill last night and I loved where it was at I was able to run the ball very easy I would say then it got a little harder and the games got way better. Next game I had I was not able to run the ball at all anymore my blockers were not blocking. What I dont understand is my bar for rushing was dam near full and I couldn't run the ball at all anymore the lb's knew what hole to fly to and my guards seemed like they could not block for their life's anymore. is there anyway to keep my skill at a just right level so I can keep enjoying the game?
Old 08-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #63
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
Learn the game...Dont resort to cheating (sliders) instead of learning.

I can get about 100 yards per game (4 min qtrs) with Barber...sometimes less sometimes more
Yes and my un-born child could do that playing on pro setting's too and he hasn't even developed opposable thumbs yet.

Oh and my girlfriend isn't pregnant, btw.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 08-24-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #64
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Curious, AJ: what sliders are you using?
None, talking online. Default all pro.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »