Home

Extra Point is underated!

This is a discussion on Extra Point is underated! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #41
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Extra Point is underated!

The Extra point is a nice bare bones feature. However, that is also the problem. In our retail version of the game we have a feature that looks and feels like it is still in Alpha. Very bland, very little recorded dialog, very short.

Just like the rest of the presentation this year it is nice, but underwhelming and unpolished. Durring fly overs, players are standing on the wrong sideline. I played a playoff games agaisnt the Vikings and they had the fly over, but I was in a dome. All celebrations are silent. You win the super bowl and the players are deff mutes. There is so much good that was done and so much work left unfinished it is almost embarassing. On mute it looks like you won the Superbowl, but short. With the volume on, I sit there and want to quote Stu Scott "Wha... wha... wha ha-happen'?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 7

I know I'm gonna get burned for this. But NFL 2k5's halftime and week shows did it much, much better.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #43
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
The extra point show is a complete joke.

It's the same exact thing as last year, only they added some intro and exit graphics.
Really?

Madden 09:

Madden 10:

Come on...
Old 08-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Agreed. Next year EA please make Alex and Fran wear different outfits. And there should be the option for us to choose which outfits they wear. Damnit, bring in the Sims devs if you have to. Lets make sure we get this right.

For Christmastime games, have Alex dress as an Elf, complete with a cute little Santa hat.........okay, my mind's drifting into the gutter......lol!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #45
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

They do wear different outfits for super bowl weekend. But yeah... there needs to be more variety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 12

While the Extra Point is a nice addition, it's not exactly worth congratulating a company on implementing a feature that their competitor did better 5 years ago on a lower generation system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »