Home

Extra Point is underated!

This is a discussion on Extra Point is underated! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Extra Point is underated!

I really want to give a shout out to the Madden team for their work in Franchise mode, no its not a complete overhaul but a major facelift which was SO badly needed, i am enjoying the extra point during half time and post match.
Getting a feel for other teams are going is great.

-Scouting is simple and a bit raw (i like the system but lets make it something more fun and possibly depth without getting too far of ourselves)

Really like where this is going lets see the same amount of improvements next year

Whilst Madden 11 is in planning stage here is what one hardcore fan would like to see added/modified

-1. Lets give Sunday Night and Monday night a bigger feel

-2. I really like the cpu logic it looks fantastic, lets use that with the extra point to add more stories into it. Injuries,Cuts etc.

-3. I was talking to a friend last night we had a big convo about how much we miss the old-gen minigames.
Lets put the fun back into madden with the kicking drills etc.. and that will allow training camp to be added again (position battles anyone)

-4. Much like the above points lets make franchise more dramatic and fun. The draft and free agency needs drama, put cut-scenes in there for signings, trades etc

10 has all the foundations solid now we need to build some strenghts!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Extra Point is underated!

Yeah I like the Extra Point too. I know guys complain about it for different things but i think they did great for a first year.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

The extra point sucks,no highlight from other games that are currently going on
Old 08-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

When compared with the Sportscenter presentation in 2K5....the Extra Point is not even worth the time. It is a shame because I like the addition of real people , but then they sound robotic, there are no highlights from other games and the highlights from your game are not accompanied by any commentary...only music. SMH
Old 08-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

titanswin53's Arena

OVR: 2

Im really digging the Extra Point and like where its going....definitely needs highlights from other games add...and highlights for the players of the week.

Also add back the newpaper news stories...and the radio....I like having extra stuff to look at in franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Loving the Extra Point.

It's pretty neat watching it after your game and even better watching it the next day to kill time.

Aside from the obvious complaints such as no highlights, poor script, etc...the only thing I can complain about is the fact that the screens come on and leave the screen too fast for the halftime show. I also wish that when they are showing the stat leaders, they would show who they are doing their accomplishments against. Especially for the players of the week.

Several screens could use more polish.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Extra Point is better than I expected. Can't wait to see how they expand upon it for next year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Love the ideas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »