Home

Am I giving up way too much for P.Willis

This is a discussion on Am I giving up way too much for P.Willis within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #17
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Am I giving up way too much for P.Willis

please tell me how you got landry, stafford and marshall in year 2 of your dynasty that would be like 5 first round draft picks and a 2nd just to get them
Old 08-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 13

No offense to the OP, but I dont understand how people can play franhcise mode completely unrealistically. I understand its a game and your chance to do what you want, but I think it completely defeats the purpose of franchise mode when you go out and trade all your players or stack your team from the get go.

IMO, franchise mode is about going through the ups and downs of a franchise over the years.

You have to blame EA for making it too easy to do that kinda stuff, but it still is in the users hands for the most part.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:48 PM   #19

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
No offense to the OP, but I dont understand how people can play franhcise mode completely unrealistically. I understand its a game and your chance to do what you want, but I think it completely defeats the purpose of franchise mode when you go out and trade all your players or stack your team from the get go.

IMO, franchise mode is about going through the ups and downs of a franchise over the years.

You have to blame EA for making it too easy to do that kinda stuff, but it still is in the users hands for the most part.
And no offense to you but I dont understand why so many seem to care how others play their game. Do you have issues when a person uses the fantasy draft option prior to starting their franchise? Thats just as "unrealistic" as making multiple trades that may or may not ever happen in real life.

As to the question, if Im Philly I dont do it as McNabb has to have enough of a name still to fetch more then a LB. If Im the Niners I jump on it as quickly as possible for fear that the Eagles might change their mind. While Willis is an absolute beast Im of the thinking that its much tougher to find a top of the line QB over a top of the line LB so therefore I have no problems moving Willis for McNabb and Samuel.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #20
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

yeah i dont care how he plays his franchise. Its his season. Besides he won the superbowl, time for a youth movement...worst thing that happens is he goes Gruden style and ends up 4-12 the season after winning the superbowl.

As for his trade, i think hes shafting himself there, but i understand too, if he wants Willis go for it dude. I traded a first rounder and Josh Johnson in my Rams one for Tebow...(stupid Vikes took him one pick before my pick came up, I had to have Tebow!!!)

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wanted Calvin Johnson but I couldn't afford him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #22
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
I traded a first rounder and Josh Johnson in my Rams one for Tebow...(stupid Vikes took him one pick before my pick came up, I had to have Tebow!!!)
How did Teabag come out rated?

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 08-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

On a side note, it is completely ridiculous that some of these trades even happen. The 49ers would never make that deal in real life. Certain players are completely untradable in real life, but that is never reflected in Madden. Willis is 23, already the best ILB in the league and has HOF potential...no way would they ever make that trade in real life.

Actually it could happen, remember Clinton Portis was traded to the Redskins only two years into his career
Old 08-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
On a side note, it is completely ridiculous that some of these trades even happen. The 49ers would never make that deal in real life. Certain players are completely untradable in real life, but that is never reflected in Madden. Willis is 23, already the best ILB in the league and has HOF potential...no way would they ever make that trade in real life.

Actually it could happen, remember Clinton Portis was traded to the Redskins only two years into his career
Not a single player is untradable. Every team has a price.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »