Home

As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand?

This is a discussion on As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #73
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: As We Wait For These "Bad@$$" Patches Where Do You Stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leereezy
is this dev team really new new or just alot of people were reshuffled and made a new team?

Well, clearly the leadership of the team and its focus and priorities changed, that's evident. I'm sure alot of the worker bees were the same.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by playalistic
you serious? lmao these guys are something else.
mannn ... i really think that if we still had the 2k team we would be so far in gameplay and presentation and everything! but i am really sorry for brining up 2k for the guys that get butt hert!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
your 360 is freezing? i'd look to hardware first in that case. and don't be surprised when it rrod's on you in a few weeks.
My 360 is only a few months old. Just got a new one after RRoD.
Here on OS, there's a thread with people with the exact same issue. On the EA forums, there's at least 5 threads with people with people who experience it too. It's platform independent, and only seems to be happening to people on Madden. Strangely enough, I can play GTA IV, COD etc. etc. without any freezing or problems.

There's definitely more than handful of people who have the issue who have posted on OS/EA forums. I imagine there's many more who haven't who have this issue. No acknowledgment from EA. No fixes, patches, or apologizes. Even if it's not a majority of people, a significant portion of madden fans payed $60 for a game that doesn't even function correctly.

This is the kind of crap I thought they weren't going to do this year. Once they have your $60, they can safely ignore you. I would sell Madden and try out NCAA, but it sounds like they borked player progression there.

Now I see why I didn't buy Madden the last few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 02:39 AM   #76
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i see. i just know that one of the precursors to the rrod is the system freezing a lot.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:35 AM   #77
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

i'm tired of "WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR". every year we always get that wait till next year feeling.I want the NFL to do away with the exclusive license and let us have choice in video games.EA has had the license for 5 yrs now and we're no better off than we were then. the TC was spot on;we've been had again.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:34 AM   #78
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Still waiting to play my game IMO this game in unplayable without the patch we need to get the patch asap before NBA 2k10 is out for real though. Like whats up with madden guys you know i mean every year i fall for the hype and they said they will patch this after release well it been like a month i think ea is just lazy now maybe.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
...well it been like a month i think ea is just lazy now maybe.
More like 2.5 weeks really right?

One of my concerns is that people who make the decisions on licensing will see the sales numbers (which are always just fine because everyone - myself included - buys the game regardless) and will see the graphical representation (which is far and away better than years prior) and make a decision based on that.

The first day or two for me was a lot of wow factor and then the bugs and stat errors and poor ai and cpu clock management and playcalling etc etc etc started popping up.

Looks great. Sold great. Must BE great. Let's renew the exclusive... ugh...

p.s. also remember that the NFL is known for the exclusivity thing. Just look at DirecTV and Sunday Ticket...
Old 08-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #80
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm still tuning my personal sliders, but with good sliders Madden 10 is a great football simulation. If you don't think so I highly doubt you have used the sliders and I will not get into an argument in here [so don't expect a reply if you look to start one, go to the sliders sub-forum if you want to talk about that.]

The real big issues IMO that need to be fixed in a patch are the pursuit angles, excessive holding on returns and FG attempts [inclusing PAT] and how the computer blitzes all the time & tends to give up on the run when they are down by 10 or more [which often leads to punts and turnovers leading to losing by more and next thing you know it is GG.]

I am told that the FG holding issue is in patch one. I don't know what else is, but I really hope at least pursuit angles are fixed. With all of these ussues fixed and playin with custom sliders, M10 will be a great game to play franchise with which is all I really care about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »