Home

As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand?

This is a discussion on As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: As We Wait For These "Bad@$$" Patches Where Do You Stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Well sorry you feel betrayed but you really shouldn't go around believing everything you read, especially when the person you hear it from has a profit motive, but I'll let you live and learn.

I love how people diss NCAA Football but in reality it's improvements are on the same scale as Madden 10. NOTICE I didnt say which game was better I simply stated their "improvements" were on a similar scale.

I'm convinced that most people who are dissappointed with this game, read the blogs, the ridiculous "Ian is God" posts, saw the marketing hype, etc and then allowed themselves to believe this was going to be the greatest game ever made. Don't get upset now because you let yourself get suckered by the machine. The people behind this game produced exactly what they promised. An improved Madden game. Nothing more nothing less.
Bro, i'm an advertising major. it pisses me off when the people who make the game are the ones who lie. i'm not talking about random people saying things i'm talking about EA sports. with that said, you can't be serious. lets see you go to a restaurant and order a meal that you were specifically told is without an ingredient that you're allergic to and low and behold it has that ingredient. now you're laying on the floor dying thinking, "oh well, you live and learn."

i couldn't disagree with your 2nd paragraph more either. we'll agree to disagree so this doesn't go off topic.

your 3rd paragraph confirmed my thought that you have poor reading comprehension. maybe you should read more carefully instead of generalizing and rushing to judge others.
as far as the bolded, huh? did you read what you wrote? if the "marketing hype" was wrong how did they produce what they promised?
Old 08-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Thats the problem. I know that Ian and those guys were on vacation last week, but after checking Ian's twitter today he made a post over the weekend saying that his vacation starts NOW.
you serious? lmao these guys are something else.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by playalistic
you serious? lmao these guys are something else.
Yep bro. Check Ian's twitter page.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm in the middle of the road. My experience with Madden this year is comparable very much to my experience with Live the last couple of years. Initially, it's awesome. You're trying something new, you're checking out the shiny new paint - all that kinds of stuff.

But the more and more I play (most notable on All-Pro against the CPU), I see things that absolutely boggle my mind. The lack of protection on passing plays due to an absolutely inept offensive line is the biggest problem for me with the game. I could live with a lot of other things if they just fixed that.

Online doesn't seem to be as big of a problem, but I play with a pretty tight, straight-up group of guys who aren't going to cheese it up for a whole game.

I'm a bit confused as to why they keep changing the pace of the game for the various modes (why default is slow, online franchise is "normal" and all that). If the game was designed for a specific speed of play, it should be consistent across the board. Period. Don't lure me in with an experience offline and then completely change it when I get to an online mode.

I understand people didn't use the "leagues" from the last couple of years (I didn't play the last 2 Madden games), but why not leave it in there? Online Franchise is awesome, but don't delete an otherwise useful feature. Leagues are in nearly every other EA Sports game but in Madden they are now gone.

Consistency. That's what I look for these days in a sports game. So far there are only 2 or 3 that consistently deliver for me - NHL, FIFA and NBA 2K. Everything else is hit or miss.

Don't get me wrong, I love that Madden is headed in the right direction, but I find myself scratching my head wondering why it took so long for this generation to catch up and why the progress in improvement always comes in baby step increments. I look at games like the FIFA franchise and see the leaps and bounds it takes every year and then I see a game like Madden that, while improved, still has a long way to go.

Maybe Ian and team have done their job in bringing people like me back to the game. Maybe that was their goal. But if I were the one leading the project, I'd have seen all the potential here that's only had the surface scratched and wanted to do so much more. It's going to be very interesting, I think, to see what these highly anticipated patches bring. At this point, I think no matter what is in them there's going to continue to be a sense of disappointment, subsided a bit by a fairly enjoyable game - albeit one that is still very rough around the edges.

My 2 cents.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Well sorry you feel betrayed but you really shouldn't go around believing everything you read, especially when the person you hear it from has a profit motive, but I'll let you live and learn.
Agreed. To some degree the community should look in the mirror as far as passing blame. I was surprised at how swift people were willing to believe what they were being told while nearly completely disregarding the game's recent history. And at how many people wanted to keep that hype at a fever pitch throughout the past eight months (hard to imagine Tiburon started the hype train way back in January if I'm not mistaken). I've already seen a few random posts speaking to the "more time they spend patching Madden 10 is less time they spend working on Madden 11" mentality - which seems eerily similar to what was said last year.

Still, the game is fun to play in moderation imo. I don't feel cheated out of $60 or anything like that. But I do get frustrated. So I can understand the frustration of those that expect more from the only choice there is for an NFL game; finally being playable shouldn't be looked at as a huge accomplishment at this point.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #14
Banned

I won't be playing my franchise until all the patches are out. At first I was trying to stick with EA, playing Madden 10 in practice mode adjusting the slides made me say "Damn this game plays nice" that was until I played an actual game and I get nothing but countless fumbles and unrealistic inaccurate passes, yes some NFL quarterbacks have bad accuracy but none of them miss a wide receiver by 15-20 yards throwing to the sidelines, inaccurate qbs are well over exaggerated in this game.

The Sliders are totally random, they will produce one game and not another, they are inconsistent.

I have come to the conclusion that the engine that new gen Madden runs on is completely broken and needs to be done away with or greatly adjusted.

This is coming from a die hard Madden fan and was greatly excited about every release of Madden until I actually played it. Overall the game is fun when you are playing with a friend or family member but when it comes to offline Franchise and maybe online it lacks big time.

Hopefully most of the problems could be fixed in a patch, but I just don't understand having to wait 1-2 months after paying $60 just so the game could play like it should.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 6

I visited this site a few times when M10 was in development, but purposely tried to learn as little as possible about this year's game so I wouldn't be mislead, or disappointed. It worked, because I'm actually enjoying the game. Sure stuff needs patching before I start a franny, but slider tweaks have solved a bunch of my issues to make it enjoyable until then. I didn't have any other expectations for this game, other than wanting it to be better than 09. It is, and I'm having fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 06:54 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Thats the problem. I know that Ian and those guys were on vacation last week, but after checking Ian's twitter today he made a post over the weekend saying that his vacation starts NOW.

So we have no idea when a patch will be here. I hate waiting, but trying to be patient.
In fairness to Ian and those guys, they work their asses off in the 3-4 months before the game's release. 80-hour work weeks are the norm.
They deserve a vacation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »