Home

As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand?

This is a discussion on As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: As We Wait For These "Bad@$$" Patches Where Do You Stand?

EA had it down with MVP Baseball.......man I miss that game.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4

This is pretty funny. I think this game is alright. It's better then 09' but it still has a ways to go to be good. It has it's flaws but they aren't game killers for me. But 1 month ago I was having this same discussion about NCAA 10' and here we are with pretty much the same issues with Madden. EA really needs to step their game up.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:21 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 6

I posted this in the NCAA thread, but applies equally here:

Sorry, but for anyone who bought NCAA/Madden to complain is silly. Not to be a dick (well, maybe a little) but if you're dumb enough to buy any EA football game without waiting at least a few weeks, well, you get what you deserve. When are clowns going to get it--EA cannot make a decent football game on current gen, period, end of story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 12:29 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
but what if that restaurant was the only place in the world that serves your favorite dish?
IF you are on the floor dying year after year you do what must sane people do just don't go there anymore until they make it to your standard because your favorite food isn't being made at that restaurant for obvious reason. It's just something that is named the same but isn't what is being advertised.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
If you go to the same restaurant year after year even though they keep serving you the same allergic ingredient thinking this might be the year I won't be on the floor dying then that is a you problem not the restaurant. So I believe the 'live and learn" is appropriate in that case.
i must have missed all of those years when ea had guys interact with the public to the extent that they have and gone through such extravegant lengths to show us what was "corrected" in the game. it's always some guy that comes in and overthinks things for the sake of sounding intelligent. you know exactly what i mean and if you don't then either i have a terrible memory or you're imagining things.

Quote:
I posted this in the NCAA thread, but applies equally here:

Sorry, but for anyone who bought NCAA/Madden to complain is silly. Not to be a dick (well, maybe a little) but if you're dumb enough to buy any EA football game without waiting at least a few weeks, well, you get what you deserve. When are clowns going to get it--EA cannot make a decent football game on current gen, period, end of story.
see above except sub sounding intelligent for sounding cool. why are you wasting your time on the madden or ncaa forums if you're not going to buy the game?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:15 AM   #54
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Well sorry you feel betrayed but you really shouldn't go around believing everything you read, especially when the person you hear it from has a profit motive, but I'll let you live and learn.

I love how people diss NCAA Football but in reality it's improvements are on the same scale as Madden 10. NOTICE I didnt say which game was better I simply stated their "improvements" were on a similar scale.

I'm convinced that most people who are dissappointed with this game, read the blogs, the ridiculous "Ian is God" posts, saw the marketing hype, etc and then allowed themselves to believe this was going to be the greatest game ever made. Don't get upset now because you let yourself get suckered by the machine. The people behind this game produced exactly what they promised. An improved Madden game. Nothing more nothing less.
This
Old 08-25-2009, 01:25 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

I feel like EA always makes a potentially great game but then really tiny little problems that could easily be avoided wind up tainting the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 01:27 AM   #56
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
I lean toward feeling misled because some of those blogs simply aren't in the final game, but appreciate the improvement over 09.
Pretty much sums up my feelings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »