Home

As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand?

This is a discussion on As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 03:50 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: As We Wait For These "Bad@$$" Patches Where Do You Stand?

Yeah man MVP Baseball was the shiz, I love football 10x more than baseball but I played that game helluva lot more than madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
EA had it down with MVP Baseball.......man I miss that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 04:11 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones

I have come to the conclusion that the engine that new gen Madden runs on is completely broken and needs to be done away with or greatly adjusted.
This what I have been saying for a week now ,
Just take a year off like the NHL series did or when the had to scrap triple play which then became MVP do to poor sales , always follow the money guys , its always the Money .
EA NHL is a now a award winng game for 3 year.
They just have to start Brand New a Fresh next gen Engine as its cant be saved like Live and fifa were.
Many may not agree but to me its the same Madden every year just with a NEW coat of paint and a few new features .
Its 2009 people and they finally added in Real Geal and a bare bones presentation .
Once again NONE of this will ever change unless we stop buying it .
But this year took the cake with misleading promises by the EA team whether directly or indirectly .
They played the game and they have to know its engine limations or it wouldnt have shipped like this and a patch or 20 cant fix its gamplay flaws but its about $$$ and they wont address till people stop buying it just like NHL and MVP .

A great line from the movie eight men out applys to EA " give um just enough so they no their Hungry "

This is nothing against Ea as I bought FNR4, Madden and will be getting FiFA < NHL and live So Never Again with Coach Madden intil I get a next gen Footbal game at least for me .
Oh Great post op

Last edited by dorismary; 08-25-2009 at 04:25 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:38 AM   #67
Rookie

Wiles's Arena

OVR: 2

I am enjoying the game well enough, but I definitely feel like there's something BIG missing. I don't exactly know what. Perhaps my expectations for the new gen systems were too high, but I think I truly had more fun on older gen versions. I want a true football simulation and Madden has never been able to deliver that - though they are getting closer. I like the new animations but you almost feel like it's too little too late. I don't know. EA Sports cornered the market and I can't honestly say that I feel like they have put forth their best effort.

Maybe I'm just tough to please... but when games are costing $65 these days, the expectations are going to be huge. There was a ton of hype surrounding this game (marketing genius by EA) and for me it's not delivering because the game has yet to blow me away.

Madden could way better and much more in-depth. See The Show for examples of this, EA.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by playalistic
i must have missed all of those years when ea had guys interact with the public to the extent that they have and gone through such extravegant lengths to show us what was "corrected" in the game. it's always some guy that comes in and overthinks things for the sake of sounding intelligent. you know exactly what i mean and if you don't then either i have a terrible memory or you're imagining things.
You are correct but if a company has a history of letting you down and they change management you do what most people should do which is either try before you buy(game rental) or let someone else taste it for you. I am not the one with an imagination if in the end you was believing in the people that are trying to sale you something. What sale person is going to tell you that our blocking and tackling is garbage. They will say something like 'we are fine tuning that'. Did you ever once hear the EA team tell you that a certain aspect of the game is just broken and will be shipped with that. Of coarse not,because that isn't smart business.

Now,while they are working on Madden 11 and after the sales of Madden 10 are over. You will hear about things that was wrong that you didn't hear while they were selling Madden 10. Don't get me wrong I was desperate also last year when I bought Madden 09 since I love the NFL and hadn't played an NFL product since '05. But like they always say fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. And let's add fool me 3, 4 or 5 times then you are just insane expecting something different.

So for me to buy a Madden product they will have to prove to me with what is on the field and not what they tell me. I would suggest all Madden 10 player that feel jaded do the same next time that way you can avoid the big let down.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #69
Rookie

tackleb0x's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm really hoping the patch beats expectations. The game play for the most part is really fun but there's some broken things. I enjoy offline franchise the most, hopefully that sees some stat fixes.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 18

I think EA did a good job with Madden 10. There are some gameplay issues (like the flats, and O-line blocking) that need patching. Im also waiting - rather impatiently - for the implimentation of the broadcast cam. As much as I feel this is the best Madden of this generation of consoles, there is much more work that needs to be done (new commentary, improved Extra-Point) on top of gameplay AI problems.

I think EA delivered on putting out a great NFL football game - at least in relation to what we've had to endure the last few years.

My biggest concern is EA's support of Madden post-release. Last year was terrible. I know you guys will jump down my throat for saying this - but even Ian deserves a vacation. Dont get me wrong, i want the patch(es) to come ASAP, but there are a ton of guys hopefully working on it and the lack of word from Ian shouldnt be cause for panic. I remain cautiously optimistic that all the issues we've found are being addressed. I just wish EA would comment. They have been so open with us un unitl release. Maybe someone other than Ian can shed light on things until he returns.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

Because I can't play and analyze as much as some of the people here I take the game for what its worth. Its a huge improvement over last season, if they increment as much as they did over last season with 2011 we will be looking at an amazing game.

The momentum is there folks. Lets let Ian & Co have a few years at the helm, and I believe we will get a great game. I'm somewhat correlating this situation to a QB getting a new OC every year and not succeeding because he's learning a new playbook every year. Let this team get here for a few years and see what they produce before we judge them.

I'm still having fun with 2010 and if patches help it will only be icing on the cake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 3

is this dev team really new new or just alot of people were reshuffled and made a new team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »