Home

Most likely going to trade madden in now

This is a discussion on Most likely going to trade madden in now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:18 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 15
Re: Most likely going to trade madden in now

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefandpork
They just HAD to **** up online by making it slow mode.
Yeah, they did...

I don't blame you for trading in your game. I thought this might be the year I only played Madden, but Cod MW2 is looking pretty sweet right about now.

And anyone that says slow is more realistic is really...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 02:52 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
I've never played 2K and I think slow is well, sloooooooooooow. Normal feels like football, period.

I've always said, the people that want a "true sim" should be careful what they wish for.
Why? the people that want a truly simulaition experience love the new "slow" gameplay...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 08-25-2009, 03:39 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

I love the people that keep saying normal feels like "real football" or slow isn't "real football" and is high school speed. Because we've all played in the NFL right? We know exactly what it feels like. If you don't like the speed fine, you have that right and the right to express that opinion here, but please stop with the it doesn't feel like "real football" talk, because unfortunately none of us will ever know what real NFL football feels like.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:56 AM   #28

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
it's a 4 percent difference. how the hell can that be making such a negative impact for so many people?

i played the demo (which was on slow) and thought it was perfect. '08 and '09 were too twitchy to be considered realistic.

i'd bet if they renamed slow to normal, almost no one would be complaining right now.
Yeah I really don't see how this can be so huge with so many people. It was a bit of a change in speed, in which wasn't really that big of a change. I don't really have a preference in the speed as long as it doesn't go above normal or lower than slow. I think the speed they have it now is just right IMO.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:17 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Slow is perfect. Sorry to all you cheesers whose "game" this change might be throwing off --- go find an actual problem in this game to complain about, maybe?

For example: An actual problem like, how in Franchise, QBs throw for (on average) roughly double the TDs/Running Backs rush for (again, on average), rush for roughly half of the TDs that normally should, and how that really screws up stats.

Again, there is nothing wrong with slow.

And really --- actually RETURNING your game because the default game speed was slowed by FOUR PERCENT? Really? Wow... Overreact much?

-Sean
Old 08-25-2009, 04:28 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

CHILL DUDE lol THE GAME IS FINE ITS JUST TAKES TIME TO GET USED TO IT, IT IS A DIFFERENT GAME THEN 09 ITS SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERENT, ALL THE MADDENS THAT ANYONE HAS EVER PLAYED IT TOOK THEM AWHILE TO GET USED TO IT ! NO ONE HAS PLAYED A GAME AND GOT USED TO IT RIGHT AWAY...
Old 08-25-2009, 04:32 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 38

As I mentoned before I have NEVER seen Maddens price so low on Ebay as I bought and sold for 9 years their.
The first few weeks its normally $56-$58 now people are only getting $45-$48 Brand New .
Mine is currently at $39.99 Free ship with 16 hours left , Luckly I only paid $50.99 at SA

Last edited by dorismary; 08-25-2009 at 04:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 04:59 AM   #32
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdawesome
Slow is perfect. Sorry to all you cheesers whose "game" this change might be throwing off --- go find an actual problem in this game to complain about, maybe?

For example: An actual problem like, how in Franchise, QBs throw for (on average) roughly double the TDs/Running Backs rush for (again, on average), rush for roughly half of the TDs that normally should, and how that really screws up stats.

Again, there is nothing wrong with slow.

And really --- actually RETURNING your game because the default game speed was slowed by FOUR PERCENT? Really? Wow... Overreact much?

-Sean
I actually take offense to this post. I love the normal setting and I am definitely a sim gamer. I feel like the OP, but I am hoping some kind of patch or something can be done to fix this. I'm not ready to trade the game in just yet. In almost all the polls taken, the percentage of people that choose slow speed is almost the same as the percentage of people that choose normal speed. On some polls normal is leading by a hair and on other polls, slow is leading by a hair. It's close enough that neither side can dismiss the other sides opinion. On the other hand, the arrogance of some of the people in this thread is crazy. "Slow speed is for the sim ballers." Really? Since when is Ladanian Tomlinson's 40 time been over 5.0 secs. because that's what it is on slow speed. Try it for yourself. We throw the word "sim" around way too much. It seems some have forgotten what it means.
Also, those guys saying the OP is overreacting over 4% decrease in speed. The game became "perfect" for you all with that 4% decrease. So if the game can go from ok to perfect for you with that decrease, why can't it go from perfect to bad for someone else. It obviously a significant difference if it makes the game feel "perfect" for you.
I'll admit, I hate the slow speed. I hate it with a passion, but I'm not gonna sit here and say that you have no skills or you suck because you like to play on slow speed, so there's no need to say I'm a cheeser because I like it on normal speed. It's just my preference. Some of you guys need to get over yourselves. It's one thing to have your opinion but it's another to disrespect someone elses.

EDIT: This goes the other way around as well.

Last edited by splff3000; 08-25-2009 at 05:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »