Home

Custom Control Patch...

This is a discussion on Custom Control Patch... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Custom Control Patch...

Someone please tell me that they will patch or add custom controller settings as DLC or something. Personally I think its complete BS that its not included, but some of us are left handed and have a really hard time with turbo not being LT configurable.

What is even funnier is that you can change it in NCAA 10...WTH?

/shrug such a little thing can really ruin the game for us lefties!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
Banned

beefherkey's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Custom Control Patch...

God I hope they do! I'm not a lefty, but I have issues going back and forth from Ncaa to Madden. 3 years of my personal controls on NCAA are hard to switch up when playing Madden. I should change my ncaa controls to that of madden, but I really like my configuration on ncaa. I still entrenched in days of the ps2 x speed button. PLEASE FIX EA!!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefherkey
God I hope they do! I'm not a lefty, but I have issues going back and forth from Ncaa to Madden. 3 years of my personal controls on NCAA are hard to switch up when playing Madden. I should change my ncaa controls to that of madden, but I really like my configuration on ncaa. I still entrenched in days of the ps2 x speed button. PLEASE FIX EA!!!!
Lol I got NCAA mix up with Madden I swore we could do this, only thing I am having real trouble with is swat being RB and, Not A. I have no idea why I am use to it that way but I'm always pressing A when the Cpu goes deep and sure enough I for get its RB. I would really like to change it though.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:10 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

No thanks?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
Banned

beefherkey's Arena

OVR: 1

Chances?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #6
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

short answer: ZERO chances for custom control patch in madden 10... long answer, read my quote below.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y&p=2040022995 (link to a previous thread discussing this)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKryptic
Ian already said free remap is not possible very easily in this version. last year, the guys in charge of that took it out for some reason. he said its been difficult to get back in... he said MAYBE, HOPEFULLY we will at least get a "classic" layout in patch #2. "classic", or legacy, will mimic the ps2/xbox controls (last gen and all previous maddens before ps3/xbox360 versions were made).

this is of great concern to me. my fingers are paralyzed (im a quadriplegic), and free remappable controls makes almost any game accessible to me. i can play ok with A/B/X/Y face buttons, but reaching to pull a trigger mid-game, with paralyzed fingers makes playing nearly impossible. at least "legacy" controls would give me access to sprint.

last year, i begged Ian to re-add button remaps. he actually told me he was moved by my story and would get "legacy" controls added to madden09, if he could. well, he couldn't and didn't. so last year was the first madden since its inception (1989 on pc) that i couldnt play.

this year, i haven't spoken to Ian. however, thanks to the games slower speed, i can kinda play again... cumbersome, but i can at least play.

free remaps would make this game perfect for me... it wont happen, Ian already said so.

but he did say MAYBE on patch #2 for at least "legacy"... pease everyone who wants this bug Ian. theres also a thread here (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-priority.html) about patch #2 requests. BLOW THAT THREAD UP with "legacy" control requests.. remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

last year, i guess Ian didn't realize how important this was... maybe cuz only i complained to him... lets all make our voices heard together.

Last edited by CRIP4LIFE; 08-27-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 21

I'd love this feature, but I'm not too optomistic we'll see it in madden 10.

I mean, how can they give you customizeable controls, when the default controller layout is incomplete and innacurate in the game? They can't even get the functionality of how to play the game explained with one layout, let alone let us customize it.

I really hope we can customize the controls and cameras via a patch, or definitely next year. It's a video game sin to not give customizeable controls and cameras.

Now, if we could just get EA to actually explain how the customization works, we'd be moving in the right direction. Sliders, controls, settings, ratings... what do they mean? What do they do exactly? Who knows? ...welcome to EA's crazy guessing game.

Don't get me wrong, I like maddden 10 a lot. I'm just so infinitely frustrated by the lack of understanding as to how the game truly works.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »