Home

So what is the deal with this slow speed?

This is a discussion on So what is the deal with this slow speed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: So what is the deal with this slow speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
im not a cheeser by any means on any game. i personally like normal best. going back to the gamestop demo vs the dal vs nyg demo. i hated it from the sec i played the gamestop demo. its a personal preference only. i dont even play online except for against friends to get away from cheeseball lobby games. me and my friends arent cheesing anybody. we have good games and like that speed setting better. im also using it in my offline franchise which is what im playing more at the moment.

its asinine how u guys make this connection between the game speed and cheesing or sim. what u guys fail to realize is that even if its slow or normal or wateva, the same speed differentials are there. it stays relative. the whole game changes by the same percentage. u guys are arguing this like they tone down the speed differential as well, but thats only done with speed threshold slider and built in between difficulty levels. thats it.

if a cheeser is burning u with mike vick or devin hester on normal, hes still gonna burn u with him on slow. the same speed difference will be there, just plays out slower visually. i cant believe u guys are missing this point....
Exactly......OS is ridiculous sometimes.........Because I don't want to play on some slow azz speed, I'm a cheeser? WOW...OS has hit a new low.......I"ve always thought OS was picky as hell about everything, I stick around for the info.......

I'm as sim as they come, played the hell out of 09 and I hadn't even played a next gen Madden before that.......It was obvious as hell the first time I hopped online that dudes I woulda blown out last year, have a chance because its so damn slow.....
Old 08-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 15

Ok ColdBlowingDro, I am noting your reason for prefering normal over slow.

It was obvious as hell the first time I hopped online that dudes I woulda blown out last year, have a chance because its so damn slow.....

Can you confirm that the first time you hopped online was after they made the change to slow speed as default for online games?

So far we have these reasons:

1) slow gives you too much time to throw, but makes passing more difficult

2) It was obvious as hell the first time I hopped online that dudes I woulda blown out last year, have a chance because its so damn slow.....
Old 08-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
Its not like we're making it up... The original post in this thread is to a forum dedicated to cheesing that shows they all love normal speed.......

Its not the sim gamers that make posts like OMG I JUST SOLD MADDEN CUZ THEY CHANGED THE SPEED IN ONLINE GAMES....
before that site came up that was the same sentiment. remember, you cant mass generalize or lump everyone into one group or another. how do you know that only non-sim gamers are the ones who will hate it enough to trade it in?

im not gonna go that far, but if we cant change speed back to normal by giving us choice or seperate lobbies, its gonna seriously hamper my want to play OF and play it online. im not gonna go as far as trading it in cuz i like franchise. im sim, i only play friends to get away from cheesy lobby ball, nobody is cheesing here. but by your statements cuz i like normal, im cheese....NO SENSE AT ALL. i guess by that same token i can say if u like slow = ur an old cranky gamer with no stick skillz...SILLY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #36

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm with mass murda on this one.

Disclaimer, I personally play on slow speed and love it.

But I don't see a correlation between game speed and how someone likes to play. Certainly, there has been good evidence given to prove both cases, and I do think it is clear that someone who enjoys exploiting weaknesses would prefer normal over slow.

But I think we are really stretching it if we say that everyone who wants to play on normal speed is a bunch of cheesers.

I know several people who are as "sim" as they come that prefer normal game speed.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #37
Banned

Massmurda, what? I dont care if you are a cheeser or not. I never called you one. I don't care what style you play, I didn't even bring you up except for quoting. I cited the poll from the original post, and another post on this forum about quitting the game.

And yes I do agree with you guys. There are sim gamers that prefer normal I am sure. But the point is that 95% of cheesers prefer normal to slow (see original poll). I'm not trying to say that just bc you like normal you are a cheeser....
Old 08-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Ok ColdBlowingDro, I am noting your reason for prefering normal over slow.

It was obvious as hell the first time I hopped online that dudes I woulda blown out last year, have a chance because its so damn slow.....

Can you confirm that the first time you hopped online was after they made the change to slow speed as default for online games?

So far we have these reasons:

1) slow gives you too much time to throw, but makes passing more difficult

2) It was obvious as hell the first time I hopped online that dudes I woulda blown out last year, have a chance because its so damn slow.....

3) PERSONAL PREFERENCE

4) Speedy players actually somewhat look that way on normal setting

*FIXED* ive also not seen any list of why slow is better either. SLOW = SIM is the basic thing ive been seeing around here.

believe it or not, personal preference is the main reason and ppl for whatever reason cant respect that other ppl dont like what u like. so then comes the we're better than u cuz we like x and u like y. which is why this is silly...

like pops always told me..."thats why they make vanilla and chocolate"
Old 08-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Massmurda, what? I dont care if you are a cheeser or not. I never called you one. I don't care what style you play, I didn't even bring you up except for quoting. I cited the poll from the original post, and another post on this forum about quitting the game.

And yes I do agree with you guys. There are sim gamers that prefer normal I am sure. But the point is that 95% of cheesers prefer normal to slow (see original poll). I'm not trying to say that just bc you like normal you are a cheeser....
i feel u. i know u werent calling me a cheeser personally. i was just using myself and putting me up against ur logic and thats where the chips fell...im a cheeser cuz 95% of some cheese forums like normal like i do. u guys cant lump, but thats what 90% of the slow ppl are doing and its silly.

re-read these speed threads and tell me thats not what the sentiments are

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 08-25-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #40
Banned

no I agree. It is just super annoying to see all these posts about how the game is ruined and how they just sold their game (an aside ...honestly I've never heard anybody talking about selling games so much than I've read on OS for years. You don't get a good deal. You get ripped off. They turn around and sell it for 100%+++ profit These people have probably bought a mansion and a yacht for the owner of gamestop if they telling the truth)

I guess just combine that with the intense anger I got from reading the madden lab forums for the first time today, and I wanted to rant. I will continue to compile a list of reasons people are giving though, because i find it entertaining.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »