Home

offline franchise weather??

This is a discussion on offline franchise weather?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
offline franchise weather??

Is there an option or something for offline franchise that makes the weather random?
I'm ALWAYS playing in a sunny sky and the temperatures are quite high even at the end of the year. (52° in december in DC!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: offline franchise weather??

Hmm, sometimes it can peak in the early 50s for December. Around the tri-state area, in general, weather can be pretty outrageous. Lived here forever, seen it rain for a week in February and snow in April. The SAME year.

However, unless something drastically changed, weather for franchise games has always been realistic. In fact, if you seek random weather you might just get snow at Oakland in September, and 95 degrees in January at Lambeau.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Yeah, I'm not having a problem with the weather in offline franchise mode. With Buffalo, my last 2 home games were in 30 degree weather and heavy snow.

Has anyone noticed that when it's excessively hot, your players tire out faster? I played a game in Jacksonville with 95 degree temps and my guys got tired MUCH faster than normal.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:51 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

ok thanks. I'd like to play in a cloudy game every now and then, bu it seems to be always sunny.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

I've been playing as the Packers recently and upto now I've only seen one light snow shower in a playoff match.

In previous Maddens, if you didn't have snow for a game (at the correct time of month/location) you could quit the match before the opening kickoff and reload the match until you got snow. In this version once the match is setup in Franchise main menu, it tells you what the weather will be before loading up the match and there's no way of changing it, even if you save Franchise and load it up again.

I guess it's more realistic but I miss the days of being able to 'brew' snow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 08:13 AM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm happy that most of the games are sunny. Really, how often does one team play in bad weather per year. Once, MAYBE twice.

I thought EA would overdo it but I am happy with how things are.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:28 AM   #7
Rookie

I said this yesterday in another thread. I am in my 3rd week of playing every game with every team. After last nights 1 game in, thats 39 total games for me. Not one game has had rain or snow. I had one game that showed being cloudy, and Tom Hammond said it might rain, but it never did. 3 other games showed rain in the weather forcast, but I was in dome's . So I am really wondering if weather is broken. How do you play 39 games with every team and not get one drop of rain? We must be having one hell of a drought in the US right now!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #8
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

I play as Chicago and in a season and a half I have had one rain game and two snow games. The snow games were my last home game and a playoff game at home. I wish it would be overcast sometimes but I can live with it. I enjoyed the rain game as this year they even make the QB slip unfortunately I have had just one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »