Home

Online vs. Offline Franchise

This is a discussion on Online vs. Offline Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Rookie

cdh72469's Arena

OVR: 5
Online vs. Offline Franchise

I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to play, essentially, an offline franchise online. By this I mean I'd start a private franchise online with me controlling 1 or 2 teams and the rest go to the CPU. I have to play when I can, on my own schedule, plus I'm an average player at best so being part of a multi-player online franchise just isn't in the cards right now.

The only reason I am considering going online with a franchise is that I may want to post it but I just don't have the time to spend around 2 hours playing a game, recording stats, scores, etc. But on the surface, the online web app looks like it does that for you, so it would just be a matter of putting that info into my layouts and posting. So it's a time-saver for me as far as posting franchise results.

I'm just unclear on how it sets up. For example, I might use 1 NFC team and 1 AFC team with an ultimate goal of matching them up in a Super Bowl, but I don't know if I accomplish that if one team can be controlled by the CPU? Also, I'd like to play all the Super Bowls regardless of whether my team(s) are there or not. I know you can play the big game offline regardless of the teams, but does it work the same online?

Also can you have custom settings, like quarter length, etc?

Any info from anyone playing online would be greatly appreciated.

I know Madden 10 has its problems and detractors, and I've noticed many of the same problems and glitches noted in various threads here, but in my "old" age and with limited opportunities to play I just like for it to be fun when I do play. I used to concern myself with every minute detail but at this time in my game-playing life fun factor trumps all else.

Thanks in advance guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Online vs. Offline Franchise

Online = very lame compared to offline

1. No weekly awards
2. No preseason
3. No offseason free agency
4. You can only create one online franchise, so make it count
Old 08-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Online Franchise is boring. I'm about 6 games in on mine and I'm ready to just delete it and go back to the Offline one.

It really feels like a glorified tournament then an actual franchise.

If you're only going to play vs. CPU games only, I would sitck with the offline franchise.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have agree if your only going play by yourself. but a full league very fun as long as you have good commish. oh you have up to 5 franchise you can create so i not sure what the other dude is getting his info from. I run a online franchise and it running very smoothly you just need to have someone who is very creativity

PS3 Sim Football At NATIONMFLCOM
Old 08-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
Online = very lame compared to offline

1. No weekly awards (or yearly awards or pro bowl)
2. No preseason (Or Extra Point or basically anything)
3. No offseason free agency (cuts people randomly if your rookies go over your 53 man limit)
4. You can only create one online franchise, so make it count(You can create 5)
Online franchise sucks theres not even a salary cap!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
Pro

MillerTime89's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm an offline franchise junky. So offline is my choice but i can't say i've ever tried an online dynasty. Based off preference though.. it's offline for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »