Home

ANY UPDATES ON WHEN "NORMAL" IS COMING BACK ONLINE???

This is a discussion on ANY UPDATES ON WHEN "NORMAL" IS COMING BACK ONLINE??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: ANY UPDATES ON WHEN "NORMAL" IS COMING BACK ONLINE???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringking
Actually it was more arcade when it was set on ritalin boy speed...They have it set now where a guy runs 40 in more or less the same time that they do in real life, thus the greater realism.

EA's games are getting more realistic, and that is a good thing.
I respectfully disagree. How many NFL games do you see where both teams score over 27 points. Literally every game is a scoring fest online.

My defensive calls are right on point most times than not but the human controlled QB has way too much time to make reads. The blitz is easy to read and when you try and disguise it, it takes to long to get pressure.

The slow speed has removed the identities from every NFL team defense online.

Basically ANY average madden player can slice and dice zone coverage or read a blitz and find the open receivers with ease online.

I'm not against ppl playing on slow if that's what they need to be competitive. I paid for elite and want to play a more sim like game with tighter defenses.

We should have a choice.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie brown23
QFT. the NFL game is fast. normal is pretty close to actual nfl gamespeed. not this slow bs. the biggest things you hear scouts talk about when rookies have to adjust to the nfl is that the speed of the game is soo much FASTER. not the other way around. and yet you have people here calling it "sim". as i said before in another thread. wr screens on slow are completey borken. you could be calling a cover 4 or a cover 3, and you will be lucky to get 5 yards with a wr screen.. tosses are pathetic also. running backs dont need to cut for every little slight change in direction like they do on slow.

I'm curious. Besides Your opinion, what do you base this post on?

Let me preface this by saying, They (EA) will probably do nothing about the speed online.

Having said that, I think we could end this argument by doing the following:

1) Recording In-game footage of a game (on slow)
2) Recording in-game footage of a game (On Normal)
3) Taking actual NFL footage and comparing them to 1 & 2.
4) Comparing them all side-by-side.

I don't have a PVR, or I'd do this.

It would be my guess, and only a guess that both modes would probably come close. IMHO, i think the slow would be more accurate, but again, that is only a guess.

To offer someone's opinion as fact is a little ridiculous, but some people think their way is best.

Post a fact, or an opinion, not facts based on opinion.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

LOL "sim feel"

Some of you guys are full of garbage. What the hell is "sim feel"? Dumbed down passing, stupid defense, and too much time to read and react? Is that what "sim feel" means to you guys? Slow speed is absolutely awful, it completely ruins the passing game because of how easy it is to maintain a completion percentage above 80% and it's just way too slow for a game that is meant to play in the friggin NFL. This isn't high school football, the game isn't "slow". NFL game speed, especially in the modern game, is fast. It's not played on slow motion replay.

Everyone everywhere was complimenting this game on how good it looked this year, how good it felt and how good it played. The game is nearly ruined with this slow speed garbage, many people have stopped playing online and I haven't heard one positive thing about online play SINCE the game speed has been changed to slow.

Last edited by Redsoxfan9922; 08-26-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 8

EA. Please put it back to normal and call it a day
Old 08-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 15

yes, listen to the guy that has winning spelled wrong twice in his sig.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 12

I don't care what they do with Ranked games but I BETTER be able to play my "Almost Online Franchise" games on SLOW!!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 55

The slow setting puts more pressure on defensive playcalling, which I like and excel at. Can't rely on the crutch of gamespeed itself to lock down an offense, now you have to really mix things up and legitimately confuse the guy. I still get many defensive impact plays on slow speed.

Also, I really enjoy the pace of the running game better. I can actually follow and see the blocks. Because of that the game just looks better to me and therefore I enjoy running inside more, my opinion... simple as that.

The pocket feels more natural in slow mode. On fast it felt like you just had to lock down on 1 or 2 WR and everything was a bit excessively frantic. It was particularly frustrating playing people who relied on gamespeed for defense and relied on just flinging it excessively to the flats on offense. This seems to have been moderated by the speed decrease, which I also enjoy.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 15

i definitely agree with CreatineKasey, plus I think its just more fun. I like the running game much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »