Home

Trading for Vick

This is a discussion on Trading for Vick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Don't be a *****. Vick is not trash. He is not your typical American as apple pie QB but, if you use him right (and no I'm not talking about running him 24/7) by utilizing his strong points you can surprize some defenses by using some PA passes and using some shotgun formations to where you can wait and see if you have anything oper b4 you scramble with him. Ain't nothin wrong with Vick. Ain't nothin wrong with being different either. To each his own though. Love 'em or hate 'em. He's back in the league and if you download the roster, he's back in the game too. ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #26
Rookie

Re: Trading for Vick

just like in real life this season, vick in the game is great on 3rd down. Its a new concept, instead of 3rd dwn bk, its 3rd dwn qb
Old 08-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #27
Rookie

Vick had a decent showing last night. The little display he did showed that he is capable of playinh QB in the NFL. The way he played QB last night was legit play and if someone plays Madden with him with the same style he diplayed then where's the harm in that? It's just a different style/era of Quaterback.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #28
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I picked up Vick in the second year of my Lions franchise. Even at a 69 he's better than my backups. He saved my season so far once Stafford got hurt. I just changed my strategy to run heavy with Smith and a lot of PA rollout and short passing. Plus the Lions line does't give me much time so Vick gets to do his thing with his legs. A good cheap pickup in my second year
Old 08-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #29
Rookie

i love what the Eagles are doing/gonna do with Vick this year. Ive never liked the Eagles but will watch their games this year. Im an Atl fan but in Madden would never bring him back to Atl cuz it wouldnt happen in real life. I started a new chise with a created team replacing the bills and im putting my team together. Vick will be my starter or bu depending on what else i get from fa pool. I love the excitement vick brings and in the game I like being able to mix it up and roll out, etc.. Its only cheese to me if you roll out all the time and run qb sweeps for 1st downs all the time.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #30
Rookie

txfalconfan & LionsFanNJ: I like what yall doin. Keep me posted on yall's Vick stories. As of now, he is still my starting QB in Houston and beccause of our 6-1 record, Vick is currently the leading canidate for MVP!
This game is really fun and I too am loving what Vick is doin 4 the game. ;-)
Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ityaboy56
They gave you Maclin and a 1st rd. pick? I gotta talk to Andy Reid about that one. Lol
lol no doubt.. bout why would you want to trade for vick? i subbed him in for mcnabb just to test him out once threw 3 INT's in a quarter never again will i put him in for mcnabb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 02:37 AM   #32
Rookie

that sounds like a good idea.... run heavy offense with vick at qb rolling out and alot of pa passes. Defense wouldnt know what to do!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »