Home

Is EA fixing the pursuit angles?

This is a discussion on Is EA fixing the pursuit angles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is EA fixing the pursuit angles?

I hope this is a known issue. Even players with great pursuit ratings take terrible angles on the ball carrier. This is a major reason there are a lot of high scoring games, bad coverage on flats...

In fact, the reason there are so many INTS for touchdowns is because the pursuit angles from the passing team are terrible.

Fixing the pursuit angles would kill so many bugs with one stone...if anyone disagrees with me, just look at your replays and you will see what I mean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Is EA fixing the pursuit angles?

I completely concur.

It feels so cheap to get any kind of return for a TD (INT, KR, PR), just because of the god awful pursuit angles that the computer takes (both the AI and your AI teammates too) towards the ball carrier.

It's almost cheating to use someone with good speed on the KR, because all you have to do is find one hole (and there will be one) and off you go.

PRs are hard, but only because your blockers are absolutely ********.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFactah416
I completely concur.

It feels so cheap to get any kind of return for a TD (INT, KR, PR), just because of the god awful pursuit angles that the computer takes (both the AI and your AI teammates too) towards the ball carrier.

It's almost cheating to use someone with good speed on the KR, because all you have to do is find one hole (and there will be one) and off you go.

PRs are hard, but only because your blockers are absolutely ********.
So true about the Kick returns! With roscoe parrish (who is an amazing returner but still) I had 11 KR for TD's in a full 16 game season. 11!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 11

Kick returns are easier than last year. Although I did have success with them last year. I'm not sure I mind though, KRs are part of the game and if you take it lightly then you should get punished.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synkopated
Kick returns are easier than last year. Although I did have success with them last year. I'm not sure I mind though, KRs are part of the game and if you take it lightly then you should get punished.
Yeah, the KR thing is not a huge deal, but the point is that it illustrates the more serious problem of pursuit angles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 01:03 AM   #6
Rookie

I'm bumping this because I think people need to realize how much the pursuit angles are jacking up this games stats. I think people wouldn't need to mess around with sliders as much if EA just fixed the pursuit angles. All the threads that are started about INTS being returned to TD's...it ALL comes back to pursuit angles.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:12 AM   #7
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

This might be the biggest issue with this game and a must for a patch!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:16 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is one thing I think NCAA got just about right this year. The cpu takes decent angles preventing big plays from turning into TDs and it does keep the point total from escalating quickly. Get it in Madden!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »