Home

Starting a Browns Franchise

This is a discussion on Starting a Browns Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11
Starting a Browns Franchise

im gonna use DB's sliders (my skill just isnt hard enough anymore im at a 630) and I just wanted to know if anyone has used or is using the Browns in a franchise, what do you guys do to rebuild the team.

i am def gonna start brady quinn, and probably trade derek anderson and jamal lewis.... maybe rebuild the defensive line and secondary as well, anyone have any thoughts? much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Starting a Browns Franchise

I tried to keep it realistic, with Braylon being the only person that I traded. Traded him to the Giants for Clint Sintim, a 1st and a 3rd or something like that.

Ended up starting Quinn for like 3 years and then replaced him with my sophomore QB. Drafted a HB my first year who ended up being a 98 overall a few years later, started at an 85 (jamal was an 84 at that point). So I started Jamal but split carries for one more year and then let the rookie slowly take over til Jamal retired. Bless his soul, he retired the year after he won the superbowl
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

Far from a Browns fan, but Ill offer some advice.

First, yes, trade Anderson most definitely. Lewis should be untradable. In real life, teams dont really trade for 30 year old RBs on a steep slope. But, if you want to trade him, go for it.

My guess is you wont get much for them on their own. Not 100% sure how this new trade system works, but I would probably package them and either try to get a 3rd round pick or a decent player. If you cant get a 3rd rounder for those two, look to trade them for a player. Maybe a better safety or a project OLB. Maybe try to trade those two to the 49ers for either Parys Harralson or Manny Lawson. Not sure if they will take it, but the Browns definitely need help at OLB.

QB: Quinn sucks in the game, so you are going to have to build him up. If you like him, stick with him for a few years. If not, draft a QB in the next draft (if you get a high pick)

RB: James Davis has promise, and Jerome Harrison is a decent 3rd down back, but Id probably hang on to Lewis at least for the 2009 season, especially if you cant get fair value for him.

WR: Should be your strongest position if Braylon can catch. Robiskie is a solid possession guy and Massoquioi has potential.

TE: With no K2, the best TE you have is Heiden, but he is more of a blocker. The guy they drafted last year could be decent (forget his name)

OL: OLine is pretty strong. A new RT wouldnt hurt.

DL: They overrated Corey Williams in this game. He is a one dimensional pass rusher that doesnt fit the 3-4. But they gave him a pretty decent rating so keep him. You should look to draft DL, but it isnt frantic. Shaun Rogers is a quality NT and Coleman works for now. Draft some youth, though.

LBs: The only good LB the Browns have is DQ Jackson. Everyone else is garbage. Winbley has potential as a pass rusher, but isnt a good overall LB. First and foremost, find a good 3-4 OLB. One that is three dimensional (blitzing, run support and coverage). You may be able to find a decent vet to put next to DQ as a stop gap.

DB: Corner is okay. Wright should be a solid number 1 in a few years. Rod Hood isnt great, but is okay. McDonald could be a good nickel. You need a decent number 2 corner, but it isnt the biggest need in the secondary.

You desperately need a quality, playmaking safety. If you get a high draft pick, safety would be my first choice if there is a good one available.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #4
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

ill be starting one soon just 2 give me a challenge lol what i plan to do is sign chris micallaster start quinn and work my way through the draft as well as maybe pik up a free agent definetly gotta get a new rb and alot of defense
Old 08-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I picked McCallister up after the first season too.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 10:52 PM   #6
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynbks4
ill be starting one soon just 2 give me a challenge lol what i plan to do is sign chris micallaster start quinn and work my way through the draft as well as maybe pik up a free agent definetly gotta get a new rb and alot of defense
I signed McCallister in my first franchise as the Bills. He was stellar in the 3 games I played recoding one pick, a ton of knockdowns and keeping Wes Welker at bay. I started the franchise over and tried signing but the damn fool wanted a lot of money. He wanted a 3 year contract and still wanted a ton of money. I didn't want to sign him for 3 years. I tried sign him to 2-year and 1-year contracts but man his agent is an ******* negotiator. I had him at 9-mil for one year then gave up. I wasn't going to go any higher and even that was too high. I ended up signing Sam Madison instead and he did a fine job in my first game against Welker.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 08-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #7
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

lol dam hope he doesnt try dat wit me 3 years signs just about right 4 him i plan on drafting a cb in like the second or 3rd round anyway
Old 08-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #8
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynbks4
lol dam hope he doesnt try dat wit me 3 years signs just about right 4 him i plan on drafting a cb in like the second or 3rd round anyway
He was more reasonable the first time wanted around 4-mil in year one, a little over 5-mil in year 2 and 6-mil in year three. The problem is the 3rd year where he is going to be my highest paid CB and I anticipate would be declining at that point. I also have a young 1-year CB (McKlevin) who is rated at 80 and A potential. I don't didn't want to sign Chris to a long term contract and stifle the growth of McKlevin (sp).

I also saw that the Eagles are trying to trade Ellis Hobbs, who is a young CB rated at 83. He would be an instant upgrade in my secondary and, I presume the Brown's as well. Hobbs is their nickel back since his is the 3rd best CB on that team. He is in his last year of his contract. I'm hoping that the Eagles don't get a trade for him so I can go after him in Free Agency.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »