Home

Preliminary Tests to Reduce CPU Blitzing in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Preliminary Tests to Reduce CPU Blitzing in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Preliminary Tests to Reduce CPU Blitzing in Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
feeq14, or anybody else who might take a stab at this: if you take control of all teams to start the franchise can you switch the teams back to the cpu? If so at what points can you do that? I believe the question was asked earlier. Thanks in advance for answering.
As soon as you start your franchise with all 32 controlled, simply go into franchise options under each team you don't want to control's hub. Then switch everything back to cpu.

You will still have to draft, sign free-agents, and the other various off-season tasks for all teams if I'm not mistaken...haven't gotten there yet.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #74
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
As soon as you start your franchise with all 32 controlled, simply go into franchise options under each team you don't want to control's hub. Then switch everything back to cpu.

You will still have to draft, sign free-agents, and the other various off-season tasks for all teams if I'm not mistaken...haven't gotten there yet.
You can set the CPU to do every off season task but the draft, which you can sim pick by pick until you get to "your" team if you wish.

It's pretty awesome. Only way I do franchise mode anymore, allows me to override bad AI.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
You can set the CPU to do every off season task but the draft, which you can sim pick by pick until you get to "your" team if you wish.

It's pretty awesome. Only way I do franchise mode anymore, allows me to override bad AI.
Oh, very nice. Do those options come up in the offseason, like right before the task. IE: "Would you like to sim this task"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21

With this being said..what coaching scheme options do you do for the other teams? I assume this is alot of work which is fine, but I don't know what people are setting every team to.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #77
Banned

I haven't been going about it in a specific way, for defense I've turned every team all the way down except for the obivous few...Steelers, Eagles, Ravens...and some 3-4 teams.

Offensively, I just thought about how that teams plays in real life and adjust accordingly. Like I said though, I haven't been getting specific I just lower or raise it until I feel that it's at a good level. I'll always be tweaking throughout the year though as sim games are played and results come in.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #78
Banned

When you say you turn the defense down...you just mean "aggression" right? What do you turn the setting down to if I may ask?

Also just curious but these coaching schemes work if you just sim the games correct? I dont want to spectate all the games, only want to play mine.

I know its a dumb question but just want to confirm.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #79
Banned

1. Yea, the aggression slider. I've turned that all the way down.

2. I believe the coaching sliders work for both sim games, and the games you play. Like I said I haven't played THAT many games but I can see a difference in both sim and gameplay. Brady and Manning each had 400 plus yards when I had offensive agression up for week 1 for their teams in simmed games..

As for in-game, I stated earlier that I don't see the terrible over-done blitzing anymore, sometimes it pops up but not even close to how bad it was before. Also, I made the Steelers heavily favored towards the run, and they had about 30 carries and even R. Mendenhall got 10-15 in the game I played.

Also, I'm sure sometime soon someone a lot better and more specific than me will come out with "team" sliders that will produce great results. For now, what I'm doing is working for me.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
1. Yea, the aggression slider. I've turned that all the way down.

2. I believe the coaching sliders work for both sim games, and the games you play. Like I said I haven't played THAT many games but I can see a difference in both sim and gameplay. Brady and Manning each had 400 plus yards when I had offensive agression up for week 1 for their teams in simmed games..

As for in-game, I stated earlier that I don't see the terrible over-done blitzing anymore, sometimes it pops up but not even close to how bad it was before. Also, I made the Steelers heavily favored towards the run, and they had about 30 carries and even R. Mendenhall got 10-15 in the game I played.

Also, I'm sure sometime soon someone a lot better and more specific than me will come out with "team" sliders that will produce great results. For now, what I'm doing is working for me.
Ok I'm sold. Restarting my franchise. Was only in year 2, but I'm with you guys..I love realism so going to start setting it up. The good thing is I picked up the strategy guide when the game first released and in it there are coaching strategies for each team.

It also tells you what kind of defense they run. Going to take some time to do this but I love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »