Home

The most scripted game I ever played

This is a discussion on The most scripted game I ever played within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #57
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: The most scripted game I ever played

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I actually don't mind losing bro because I like having higher picks in the draft.

In fact I prefer to have a couple crappy years at first so I can get some decent picks and rebuild the team.

Nah this was different man. It was a HUGE difference from the first 3 quarters of the game. You could see a difference on both sides. Before I could make about 70% of my passes and this was the coach mode doing it. In the 4th quarter, I started getting sacked badly, missing throws that were completions earlier.

I've never complained about "scripting" or "comeback AI" before ever on these boards. I've seen others complain and just ignored it, but THIS was totally obvious bro. But it was worse because of morphing and glitches where Jared Allen hit Romo right as he was in a forward arm motion and every other time it would have been a duck pass, but not that time. It was a perfect bullet spiral pass for a TD.
Have you ever heard of momentum? If a team can get up by 21 the other team can come back from 21 down just the same.

Plus, if it you were on the opposite side of that would you say it was a great game or scripted? I'm going with great game.

Just Sayin

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #58
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

Just think about how this sounds: "I play coach mode, but I don't call plays"

I'll go ahead and step out of the thread now.

While I don't agree with the OP on any comeback code(I truly don't understand why people will think the developers, when asked point blank, would lie...there is a new way of game development....developer-consumer relationship.....and I don't think they would open themselves up to it if they didn't want to be truthful)...

....it sounds to me like he would like an offensive and defensive coordinator in the game....but there isn't, so he uses Ask Madden as his go between.
I will only play in coach mode...but I do call my own plays....but you should respect how each player likes to set up his game.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #59
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
This guy isn't lying!!!

So I'm winning a game 35-3 early in the second half then all hell breaks loose. Their backup QB, yes I said backup, leads them to an unreal comeback. They take a 38-35 lead late in the 4th quarter and I'm thinking to myself good lord what a scam this game is. Well I put things together and mange to tie the game with 12 seconds left on the clock and send the game to overtime. So I win the toss and think thank god I'm finally getting a break. Well guess what? Here comes the AI trying to rip me off again. On 3rd and 3 I drop back to pass and big surprise I throw a pick, but to add to the robbery another big surprise, I get flagged for a face mask while trying to make the tackle on the return. Seriously, how cheap is that? Well a couple of safe runs later to set up the easy FG and the game ends on a chipshot FG, me losing 41-38.

THANKS AGAIN EA!!!!!!!
Yeah Thanks For the great game EA!!

Why did the CPU have to win?

Can't this game be like soccer for 8 year old and everyone is a winner?

Can we go out for ice cream now?

Yay!

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Have you ever heard of momentum? If a team can get up by 21 the other team can come back from 21 down just the same.

Plus, if it you were on the opposite side of that would you say it was a great game or scripted? I'm going with great game.

Just Sayin
Honestly bro I wouldn't say great game. I, among alot of other people here look for as much realism as possible. Realistic football, sim football. If that happened on my side I would be saying the same thing. I don't care if I go 0-16 for 2-3 seasons in a row as long as it's realistic then I'm fine with that. I know that I will be able to build my team up using either the draft or FA to the best I can.

I know it's a video game and it's only going to be so realistic, but instead of Romo moving outside the pocket a little and making that throw it happened through a glitch.

Instead of Felix Jones running 2 kickoff return TD's back to back, it would have been more realistic on that second return to get stopped then hail mary it out and have a Dallas receiver beat one of my corners on a Vertical pass.

I would have been like "damn I got beat by a team that wanted it more", instead of me saying "damn I got beat by glitches and scripted play".

Am I making any sense dude?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #61
Rookie

Shady862's Arena

OVR: 3

OMG guys, so im up 21-7 at halftime and the computer with there damn comeback code came back and won 28-24. This game is totally fixed. Oh wait i made 2 bad decisions that resulted in picks which gave the computer good field position and 2 scores. NO NO Wait maybe it wasnt my poor decisions but a super defense with comeback code flowing through their veins. Yeah thats it I am not at fault, i played the perfect game and its the super AI. There is no comeback code there is human error. I gave this game to them. They didnt steal it. People stop crying, grow a pair, and take the damn loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #62
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Maybe there will be a day when things like this can be discussed without insults and trolling. It ain't today.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »