Home

One Compliment - Salary Cap

This is a discussion on One Compliment - Salary Cap within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: One Compliment - Salary Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
It is pretty great this year.

I love it. No more stockpiling guys or signing guys to low money long term deals while they are still young. My 12th overall pick QB wouldn't sign until I forked over 99 million over 7 years!!!!!!!!

It is about time that we have to make hard decisions in Franchise Mode.
dang 99 mill?!?! i thought it was bad when my seahawks C chris spencer 77ovr had me up to 5yrs $28mill and wouldnt resign. i knew i couldnt sign him and resign all my other players plus my draft class that would be coming in. it didnt help i had signed free agent RT Tauscher 2 a gouging 2yr $11mill deal. had to trade him away for the 2nd year and save over $5mill of cap and draft for his position.

its great to actually have to be strategic and make good personnel choices to keep ur team up. i think this is the first madden i had to not resign or cut alot of players and actually think seriously bout offseason moves and drafting needs.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

This constant challenge of having to weigh who to keep, who to wish farewell to may actually keep me playing the same franchise until Madden 11 comes out. Usually I keep starting over to try different challenges. I might just play the entire 30 years.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 20

I had a rookie come in, I tried to lock him up for 7 years and his demands went up to like 86 million. I ended up getting him for 5 years for like 60 which is still a lot especially since it was the 27th overall pick but he was worth it. Came in as a complete shutdown corner and a physical beast.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

Freak. The packers have like 8 starters with expiring contracts... i'm screwed.

#GoPackGo
Old 08-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
He hit free agency and even though I had cut players and restructured contracts to make more room, and he was asking less in FA than he had during re-signing, I couldn't get him, he went to the Ravens for less.

Not being able to keep the team together was realistic, first time that's ever happened to me.
That is the what bothers me...I like that it sounds hard to keep everyone, but that doesnt make any sense to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Ive got nearly 30 million in spaceafter one season, with about 21 million coming off the books, but I also have a lot of guys to extend, including Cutler, but I look to be in good shape. The one thing that needs to be fixed with the salary cap is that they have the cap penalties wrong. Any cuts or trades that are made before June 1, the cap hit is supposed to go against the upcoming seasons salary cap, but if you cut or trade someone before June 1 the game doesn't apply them until the season after the upcoming one. I traded away Nathan Vasher before the draft, hoping to use my cap space to absorb the cap penalty in the upcoming 2010 season so that he is completely off the books in 2011, but as it turns out I won't get the cap penalty until 2011
Old 08-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

the managing part is nice and all, but i have had to let and 80 overall LE go because he wanted more money than laron landry who was a 92 at the time. my backup LE and RE were 76 and 73 respectively.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 39

Much kudos to Josh for his hardwork in this department. Now if only this was to be incorporated for Madden 11 http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-wishlist.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »