Home

How I think difficulty should be done in Madden

This is a discussion on How I think difficulty should be done in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #9

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: How I think difficulty should be done in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
The biggest issue I think, is that the "MySkill" setting doesn't work that way, and continues to change your difficulty after every single game and doesn't take the teams into account. You go Chargers vs Lions and put up 150 yards rushing with LT, and it bumps your run difficulty up 3 notches - then you go into Pittsburgh and can't run at all. It never reaches a point of "ok, that was a good game, no changes". It *always* adjusts something, and that's just bad.
I agree which is why I use custom sliders that I tweak as opposed to MySkill. I haven't even touched it this year. I don't like the concept of it.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterIVXX
So will I be changing the sliders for each team I play?

How will that work over several seasons as players relocate around the league?

But yes, I am interested in those sliders and how they work.
The way they work is I base them off of NFL team stat categories. Then I scale them from top to bottom, so as for an example. The QB Accuracy slider is based off of QB completion percentage using NFL stats for the Teams. So I scale that slider from 30 (best comp %) down to 10 (lowest comp %). Top 2 teams get a slider of 30, next 3 get a slider of 28, next 3 get a slider of 26 and so on and so on. I do this every tuesday morning of the nfl season with stats up to that point. So you have a new set for each team each week of the NFL season.

Now this works great for me since I'm a 1 season type of guy, not big into franchise. But for the franchise guys I have seperate tabs on the spreadsheet that I post that explains how to do it and what stat categories I base it off. Which you can pull yourself from your franchise.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
But unless I am missing something team sliders really don't have anything to do with the difficulty, just the style of how that team plays.

Unless you are talking about adjusting the difficulty sliders for every team, but that would be a ton of work.
I understand what your saying but the team sliders I am talking about adjust all 12 sliders for skill, I know that ones you are talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSF49
I understand what your saying but the team sliders I am talking about adjust all 12 sliders for skill, I know that ones you are talking about.
Yea I saw what you meant. My bad. Post deleted.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Yea I saw what you meant. My bad. Post deleted.
I'm going to post them now take a look and let me know what you think.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSF49
The way they work is I base them off of NFL team stat categories. Then I scale them from top to bottom, so as for an example. The QB Accuracy slider is based off of QB completion percentage using NFL stats for the Teams. So I scale that slider from 30 (best comp %) down to 10 (lowest comp %). Top 2 teams get a slider of 30, next 3 get a slider of 28, next 3 get a slider of 26 and so on and so on. I do this every tuesday morning of the nfl season with stats up to that point. So you have a new set for each team each week of the NFL season.

Now this works great for me since I'm a 1 season type of guy, not big into franchise. But for the franchise guys I have seperate tabs on the spreadsheet that I post that explains how to do it and what stat categories I base it off. Which you can pull yourself from your franchise.

Wow, that sounds really in-depth. You should definitely post those up in the slider-forum when you get everything where you want it. I know a lot of people will be interested in that, myself included
Old 08-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 25

MY SKILL is so bogus and just does not work the way it should. The CPU does not recognize what a "good" game is and CONSTANTLY adjusts settings every game.

Sliders this year are better, but as usual, the game out of the box is a chore to get "just right". If its not the flats, its the pass rush...RB getting no TDs but players returning 4 Punts for 6 in single simmed games....supersim helps with rushing TD, but stats can be INSANE (LT rushed for 341 yds and 6TD's in an 8 min supersim game).

Bottom line is madden is MUCH MUCH better, but still FILLED with senseless issues/bugs/glitches etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »