Home

Minnesota Vikings Franchise?

This is a discussion on Minnesota Vikings Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #25
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Minnesota Vikings Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSF
So tonight before I started game 3 of my season I trade Antonio Winfield to the Bill for Leodis McKelvin (A Potential) Rated 80 and a first round pick. I figured it was a steal. And Leodis has a 4 year contract with no bonus for 20 million total
OUCH!!! Can't believe you hosed the Bills on this deal - LOL! I'm running a Bills franchise and McKelvin is the cornerstone of my secondary. He's bigger than McGee and has a 1-point edge in MCV rating than McGee so I usually stick him on the opposition's number 1 receiver. He's done a pretty good job so far. I'm hoping the Eagles release Ellis Hobbs so I can have two young up and coming cornerbacks.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 11:33 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman815
Im currently in the second season of my vikings franchise.

Season one, went all the way to the super bowl. lost to the steelers.

Of course Favre retired after that season. Winfield wanted a brinks truck backed into in driveway and i had to let him go. I kept Edwards, and he's a beast for me this season.

In FA, I picked up leigh bodden and i forgot who else i picked up, but i can say my secondary is very balanced now. Also i picked up Kellen Clemans because I could not deal with Jackson as my starting qb.

Drafted a bust, but ended up with some good picks.

In order to have a great LB core, I traded the 1st round pick...and Ben Leber to San Diego for Shawne Merriman.

So far into the season, 5-0 getting ready to play the Patriots.
Probably the smartest move I've heard anyone do on these boards.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 08-30-2009, 12:40 AM   #27
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSF
I just started my franchise. I have used the Vikings before and I know Winfield and Ray Edwards want a lot of money in the off season, so with this new franchise I am thinking of trying to signed Winfield early or trade him for maybe some picks. The draft class I got has 3 QB that will have "A" potential so that will be nice since Favre retires after the first year anyways.

I Simulated the preseason and Chester is down for 4 weeks was the big lose. I moved Ian Johhnson ahead of Albert Young because of potential reasons. Harvin is my return man and I plan to pass to him a lot.

So anyways. Just curious if someone else has used the Vikings and how there season is going.

Thanks
Dont be so sure about that. I drafted the highest potential QB with the first overall pick and guy not only demanded TONs of money, but only had C, yes C potential.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 08-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #28
VSF
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
OUCH!!! Can't believe you hosed the Bills on this deal - LOL! I'm running a Bills franchise and McKelvin is the cornerstone of my secondary. He's bigger than McGee and has a 1-point edge in MCV rating than McGee so I usually stick him on the opposition's number 1 receiver. He's done a pretty good job so far. I'm hoping the Eagles release Ellis Hobbs so I can have two young up and coming cornerbacks.
Yea. He is a very good corner. I didn't know to much more than he was 80 overall and young at first, but he is really good. Now he is my starting CB at a rating of 85 compared to winfield's 89. I am liking the trade, because it helped me get a 84 "A" potential QB Kelly James to take Favre's place

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »