Home

'08 Online Glitch Back

This is a discussion on '08 Online Glitch Back within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
'08 Online Glitch Back

Is anyone else experiencing the blitz where the oppenent lines their LB right at the line of scrimmage and just sends him on a straight blitz and comes practically untouched through the line?

I hope im not the only one that experiences this on here, so hopefully it gets bumped to the Devs for a hopeful patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: '08 Online Glitch Back

That is not a glitch, it's a overload blitz.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGamerLT
That is not a glitch, it's a overload blitz.
its not a "overload blitz' when people run it and only blitz 1 LB in a 3-4 defense, or even nickle.

Its not like I havent tried pinching my lineman or keeping my RBs in to block, it just simply does not work.

I dont think you no what that '08 glitch was.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would say it is a glitch the guy goes untouched and he is the only one blitzing. There is an easy fix though tell your lineman to block that way and they pick it up. Not a big deal once you do that. Sometimes the Defensive end opposite the way you tell your lineman to block gets thru easier. Very rarely that happens.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddad
I would say it is a glitch the guy goes untouched and he is the only one blitzing. There is an easy fix though tell your lineman to block that way and they pick it up. Not a big deal once you do that. Sometimes the Defensive end opposite the way you tell your lineman to block gets thru easier. Very rarely that happens.
Thats what Im trying to say though.

---Ill keep my FB and HB in to help block

--Pinch my Lineman, or have them 'Aggressive'

--Get rid of the ASAP, but forget about trying to let a play develop down field lol...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
its not a "overload blitz' when people run it and only blitz 1 LB in a 3-4 defense, or even nickle.

Its not like I havent tried pinching my lineman or keeping my RBs in to block, it just simply does not work.

I dont think you no what that '08 glitch was.
It's a overload blitz I run this and know the setup to do it, you don't have to blitz you're lb down but most people do. It's a outside blitz so pinching you're linemen won't work. I find glitches all the time it's a few that i know about but haven't said anything.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
Thats what Im trying to say though.

---Ill keep my FB and HB in to help block

--Pinch my Lineman, or have them 'Aggressive'

--Get rid of the ASAP, but forget about trying to let a play develop down field lol...
Picture this you're a Olinemen and you pinch to block a outside blitz you're first assignment would be the inside gaps. You try to be aggressive and miss the block, why? because normally on a pass play the Olinemen wait for the guy to come at them if you're aggressive it's more of a chance to miss the block.

Keeping a RB in to block 99% of the time a LB will love to have a RB block them because they are usually a lot smaller and you just bullrush the guy or jump over him when he goes for a cutblock.

The Key to blocking a OLB blitz is to have a TE to that side, first you see the blitz then shift a TE over to that side TE are better at blocking than a RB. Also another easy way to win vs this blitz is to have a WR block most the time if the guy is blitzing the OLB the flats are open if not then he is in a cover 2 and the middle is open.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGamerLT
It's a overload blitz I run this and know the setup to do it, you don't have to blitz you're lb down but most people do. It's a outside blitz so pinching you're linemen won't work. I find glitches all the time it's a few that i know about but haven't said anything.
your right, most people will just manually blitz right between the center and guard and come through clean.

You dont think this 'overload blitz' is a problem? lol

Its something that cant be stopped...you just have to hope your RBs are open in flats because its not like they pick up the LBs when they are running right through the line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »