Home

Oh How I Miss My 100+ Tackle Seasons

This is a discussion on Oh How I Miss My 100+ Tackle Seasons within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Oh How I Miss My 100+ Tackle Seasons

Ugggg I miss this, always my plan ever since i started playing full franchise's on NFL 2K the original on Dreamcast I always attempt to get my MLB with 100+ tackles. Every year has been a success and espeically the last 3 years of Madden has just been awesome, my MLB would get about 150 and others would also get 100 without me even trying, now nothing!

granted i use a 3-4 scheme witht he Jets and its a lil harder to get more people with 100 but I played my 1st full season and Scott had 68 tackles and Harris had 70, not even close, and even if they made it right where assisted tackles should be added in (hoping that gets patched also) i still would of had just 90 with both of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Oh How I Miss My 100+ Tackle Seasons

Yea I'm seeing this too. Idk why. I'm even playing on 12 minute quarters with 20 second runoff which gives me roughly a total of 60 plays per team. My LB's have plenty of opportunities to get tackles. But for some reason they just aren't. I've played 12 games in my franchise so far and my top tackler on my team is my freaking defensive end who has like 50 tackles....
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 08-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
Banned

Yea i get 120 plays also, i have been playing on 8 minute quarters with no accel clock pretty much all my life, just sad to see the big tackle numbers gone.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 38

There is a problem with the stats being added up. I believe it is not adding the assists to the solos, so the number you see in seasons stats is the solo tackles.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

Has anyone actually figured this out yet? I too get the 120 play norm and even when one team controls the clock and has the greater percentage of those plays neither team is getting the numbers you'd expect. I've been tempted to actually tally each tackle and see if they aren't getting added or something. Kinda hard to keep up with those guys pulling 10-15 tackles a game in franchise when my top two tacklers are ending up with 5-7/game.

Like I said, I haven't actually looked too deeply at it yet, but I even consider the number of pass completions as opposed to the number of passes and also figure you lose a few tackles to players running out of bounds. Still seems off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
Banned

Yes I know this, thats why I said i hope they patch that, but even if they do if you add up my solo and assisted it would still come to my leading tackler with about 80-90 tackles, i miss the multiple 100+ tackle guys
Old 08-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

nikka fukk tackles, i cant get sacks for shyt breh
Old 08-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
Banned

That post was really not in english but here is how you get sacks, 1st off put ur pash rush at 90, 2nd use one of ur ends the LE or RE, when the ball is snapped do not touch the turbo at all (this sends the QB into hyper mode) push the right stick to the outside and ur DE does a swim move which is very effective, you then get around the guy and when you have a direct line at the QB sprint and dive.

Gholston for the Jets for me had 15 sacks year 1 and 7 thru 8 games of year 2, plus when you put hard pressure from that side he may step up then ur DT get a sack or roll out and your other DE gets a sack, my Jets are #1 in the league in sacks.

and thru 8 games my leading tackler is on pace for 58 tackles, OH MY GOD!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »