Home

expansion team

This is a discussion on expansion team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:12 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: expansion team

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
Tomorrow im gonna quit my chise and do it the way the last couple guys said with an "expansion" team with my best effort at a realistic expansion draft and dispersion draft of replaced teams players. I'm gonna replace either buffalo, kc, stL, or oakland i think and will try to "keep it real" as possible. So Ill imagine that my expansion team from either alaska or vegas comes into the league the same year that whichever team i replaced folded. For the dispersment draft I will let each team have 1 player from the replaced team in normal draft order (worst to best). The remaining 20 or so players from that team will just be FA's and it shouldnt be abig deal cuz the good guys will have new teams. I hope it works the wat i think it will. I think ill have to make all the moves by editing the rosters and then fantasy drafting to my created team the players i want that i put on the team to be replaced and then start my chise. It might take a few tries to get it right!
Replace the bills or rams I think they're the 2 most likely teams to fold, its your franchise but in my opinion the it would be weird if the raiders were no longer in the league
Old 09-14-2009, 03:22 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

as ****ty as the raiders are i agree with you krong. Itll probably be the bills again since NY doesnt need 3 teams and everyone forgets about the bills when the think of Ny football anyway. They even thought about moving to Canada. My dispersal pick will not be the ugliest guy in sports though. LOL.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #35
Rookie

id like to replace a team that already has 2 or 3 teams in the state and a team that doesnt have alot of history.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

I started an expansion draft using txfalconfan's way and it's been fun so far. My team's overall is 69 and I'm 1-1, I beat the Rams and lost to the 49ers. I replaced the Seahawks b/c I don't think they have much history and I wanted to replace a team in the NFC West so being from Alaska would be realistic.

My opening day temperature was 38 degrees .
Old 09-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #37
Rookie

slaton had a rough day yesterday.....anyway, slaton fan, thats cool that your enjoying your chise doing it my way and I was too but now with roster updates i think i might do it over and different. Not much more work i dont think and should be even more fun. Itll make alot of teams better and ill have more "name" players even if they are over the hill vets, etc.. Plus itll be even more realistic! Im gonna try my best to keeo it "real". if enough people were to try this new way we almost should post a list of 5 or 6 players from each team that each of the 32 teams would expose to an expansion draft to help those that would wanna take brady from N.E., etc.. Anyone!?
Old 09-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #38
Rookie

i do like the idea that you took a team out and replaced them nearby. Seattle to Alaska is a stone throw away. My prob is i wanna take either the bills, chiefs or someone like that and go to either vegas or alaska. Nowhere close to home! In my first chise i did 3 season and got my team decent but injuries to my better players killed me and i had no winning season,best was 5-11 i think.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #39
Nyydus

Catch28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
i do like the idea that you took a team out and replaced them nearby. Seattle to Alaska is a stone throw away. My prob is i wanna take either the bills, chiefs or someone like that and go to either vegas or alaska. Nowhere close to home! In my first chise i did 3 season and got my team decent but injuries to my better players killed me and i had no winning season,best was 5-11 i think.
Rams to Vegas?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #40
Rookie

Jax, buff, det or stL should be moved/replaced due to tix sales, blackouts, recent move talk, teams finances and bad market area.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »