Home

expansion team

This is a discussion on expansion team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 06:17 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: expansion team

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
i do like the idea that you took a team out and replaced them nearby. Seattle to Alaska is a stone throw away. My prob is i wanna take either the bills, chiefs or someone like that and go to either vegas or alaska. Nowhere close to home! In my first chise i did 3 season and got my team decent but injuries to my better players killed me and i had no winning season,best was 5-11 i think.
Did you sim or did you play the games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

i simmed most (some super simmed) and played probably 2 or 3 a season.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #43
Rookie

i think to "simulate" the regular entry draft that my exp. team didnt get to participate in in offseason i will just keep the team im replacings top 6 or 7 draft picks from this past season and ill pu a couple fa rookies so it looks and feels like i drafted with everyone else and im not taking rookies that other teams drafted and wanted.

This works great for me since im replacing the rams which had a decent draft and top 5 picks in each round similar to exp. team. It wont work as well if you were to replace a playoff team from last year but i think most people would replace a bottom 5 team from last year anyway so maybe this is the answer to the missed draft.

So I'll have 10 rookies and 30 or so expansion drafted players from other teams and then will fill in with fa's. It is a pain editing rosters though since you cant cut players from replaced team until you sign more because of roster position minimums.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #44
Rookie

So after the "simulated" expansion draft (taking about 30 players from other teams), the real draft (I replaced the rams and just kept their rookies they drafted from this past draft to sim the entry draft), and the dispersal draft..... here is my team so far for the new Las Vegas Vipers:

QB- Chris simms-70
K.Null- rookie-51

HB- Jamal Lewis- 84
J.Charles- 68

FB- F.Vukupuna-63

WR- Nate Burleson- 76
B.Jones- 70
Rashied Davis- 66
B.Foster - rookie- 65

TE-B.Bajema- 68
F.Davis- 64

LT Tra Thomas - 85
I.Ndukwe- 68

LG- J.Nesbit- 75
K.Studdard- 64

C- S.Wells- 78
P.Mannelly- 63

RG- M.Wrotto- 69
C.Rinehart- 67

RT J.Smith- rookie- 84
J.Stinchcomb- 75

LE- M.Thomas- 69
I.Idonije -65

RE- J.Devries- 71
D.Harvey- 70

DT- A.Carriker - 82 (On IR so i have to keep him but when he's healthy ill look at his bonus and trade him)
S.Johnson- 67
W.Joseph- 66
D.Scott- 53- rookie

LOLB- D.Bowens- 67

MLB- J.Laurinaitis- 77- rookie
K.Burnett- 72

ROLB- J.Moss- 66
Q.Black- 66

CB- D.Hall- 79
S.Rolle- 75
K.Jennings- 72
F.Smoot- 69
B.Fletcher- rookie- 63

FS E.Wilson-74
J.Babineaux - 68

SS B.Merriweather- 79
T.Branch- 68

K- M.Bryant- 74
P-J.Richardson -67
(Both K & P I had to sign from FA's)

About 35 players total picked by me from other teams and I still have about $25 mill in cap. I like the outcome so far especially with names I know, a mix of vets, freq. injured players, etc.. even though my team will probably blow but its supposed to.

Through the "Dispersion draft" here are where some of the Rams players went-
Lb. B.Witherspoon (84 OVR) to KC
QB M.Bulger to Denver
QB K.Boller to Oakland
RB S.jackson to Cleveland
DE C.long (80 Ovr) to Detroit
Cb R.bartell (80 OVR) to Wash

Thats some off the top of my head to give you guys an idea. I didnt keep anyone from rams for the dispersal draft since I kept their rookies (sim real draft) and 2 of the rookies are pretty good.

Plus there wasnt alot of good players to go around so only non playoff teams from last year got an ex Rams player.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #45
Rookie

For everyone out there wanting to try all of this...it takes time and is worth it if you plan to do 10+ yrs of a chise which I am gonna do. My new team/chise is all ready to go finally. The final roster moves I made to finish up my team were...

cut dt rookie d.scott 53 ovr & lb d.bowens-67 ovr
i traded a pick for qb b.volek -67 to be my bu Qb
I signed fa rb s.makino-67, wr k.burton-67, wr h.baskett-65, lg k.williams-66, s d.ellerbe-72, cb m.mickens-66, lb p.lenon 72, lb d.brooks-77, lb b.bailey-74 & dt j.thornton-73. I moved Lb J.moss to De (80 oVr). I currently have about $18 mill cap available so we'll see how the season goes. Game 1 vs Jets!

I also have to keep Lb carriker originally from the Rams because he has like $10 mill bonus so when hes healthy enough to trade im not gonna want to take that hit. I guess he ended up being my "dispersal draft" pick. My team captains are rb j.lewis and lb d.brooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #46
Rookie

1st preseason game against the jets and i played and won 20-6. Very "real" stats at the end of the game using 10 min qrts with no acc. clock and custom sliders just a bump above all pro.
My team OVR is 75 and I played some and simmed some and my team went 3-1 in preseason. Stats looked good and i think im gonna start b.volek over c.simms since he had a better preseason but I plan to hopefully draft a kicker with a stronger leg and my QB of the future in offseason cuz right now im rollin with 2 backups pretty much.

Also i noticed...maybe its different if you move an existing team but im in LV with an open stadium and it hasnt been 80 degrees yet. Lowest was 65 i think. Must be going off of former St Loius weather.

Last edited by txfalconfan; 09-15-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

In most cases in an expansion draft, a player is selected from each team. So why don't you set a standard for yourself where you can only take up to 2 players from each team. Then only allow yourself 1 90 rated player on defense and one 90 rated player on offense. Then 2 80's or better on offense as well as defense. Then the rest of your players must be rated between 0-80.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #48
Rookie

all day cp3- i did my best to keep it realistic cuz if its not,then its not fun for me. I have no f potential players cuz i just dont keep em. I look at it like training camp players that missed the 53 player cuts. I think off the top of my bald melon that i have 0 players in 90's OVR, maybe 4 or 5 in the mid 80's and most of the rest are between 65-75. I dont keep many players below 62 OVR.

I know its a game but after the preseason im kinda excited because my team is looking good and h.baskett is looking like hes gonna make philly sorry for cutting him. Who wouldve thought my expansion team would have a qb controversy right off the bat. We'll see how it plays out. Im guessing 1 will stay as on next year and ill either draft "the future" Qb or sign a good FA or trade if I have to but I gotta start there.

its funny, even Rb J.Charles was looking better than J.lewis in preseason... better ypg, more yards, etc. Under exp. rules i can trade J.Lewis in the upcoming offseason and I might just do that. I think hes headed for a steady decline!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »