Home

Raiders Franchise

This is a discussion on Raiders Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Raiders Franchise

has anyone tried to use them in a Franchise... its insane! Everyones contract is so crazy and messed up and theres no way you can have a winning season with J-Russ, ASO and the overpaid turd DT's eating salaries.

Basically I traded everyone away for second and third round draft picks signed all those players to seven year contracts and pretty much every one of those ended up being gems.. idk but i find its to easy to find gems in '10.

Anyways my team is killer and costs nothing and there are only a couple of original players on the Raiders (notability T. Howard <-- but he was costly and Micheal Mitchel who is now the other OLB and is rated in the mind 80's with 98 or 99 hit power and 88 speed)... While the teams in the NFL whom I traded with are now struggling with ****ty players with large salaries.

That got me thinking... I started signing and trading FA's with absolutely outrageous contracts mainly to teams within my division basically crippling there franchises LOL! kinda cheap but w.e
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 04:01 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Raiders Franchise

Ive been doing this since i started franchises in madden, but not this year. I'm actually in my 3rd year and id say more than half the team is still there. It was a rough road, i kept running out of cap room for important signings, but i made it through, hopefully i can get my 3rd straight Superbowl. Its on all pro though.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

that wouldnt be fun to cripple the other teams on purpose. But like you said.... w.e. I made my own team and replaced the bills and made the playoffs with a cupcake team. I want to be able to get a couple players from other teams and sign mostly fa's. Also dont want to throw 50 rookies into the fa pool.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
Rookie

I am in my first Raider year, so I haven't dealt with the offseason yet. I like Nnamdi, and Jamarcus is tough to play with, but he does pick up some running yards for me when the pass breaks down. I'm gonna work with them, and do what i think makes sense and what would line up realistically (assuming I were running the team instead of Al, of course)
Old 08-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Use them every year and get by with the roster they have. There's no way I can splurge on FA upgrades, but I do better in the draft and let go some over-priced mid-tier FA's without a huge bonus that would bury me in cap hell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
Rookie

thats a good way to look at it antwuan, like your replacing al davis. Start fresh and do what YOU would do. And PIGSPIGS, have you done a season yet? If you traded all those players with jacked contracts your gonna get raped at end of season with sal. cap. cuz of bonuses from players you traded!
Old 08-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #7
Rookie

how much in the hole cap wise are you after the season by making those deals to get rid of those contracts?
Old 08-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm in year 9 of my franchise with the Raiders.

Went 4-12 in my first year and fired Cable. I had a tough decision to make as to who I'd tab as the new coach, and eventually decised upon Minnesota Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevel. Ended up with the 5th pick in the draft after a dysmal year by JaMarcus in 2009. Traded down to 15 and took Michael Bolt (QB with 97 speed). After one year of sitting on the bench behind Russell, I dealt the former #1 pick to St. Louis for a 4th rounder and handed the reigns over to Bolt.

McFadden never panned out for me, and his highest YPC after I took over the team was 3.2. I drafted another guy in the first round in year two but he never panned out despite having B potential (eventually let him go via FA and he went to St. Louis and had 1500 yards rushing...silly me).

My defense was one of the league's best for years, with Nnamdi, my LB's, and a young stud DE named Vonteego Cross (double digit sacks in 6 of first 7 years). Bolt is a 93 and is my franchise QB.

2009 - 4-12 (missed playoffs)
2010 - 8-8 (missed playoffs)
2011 (Bolt's first season as starter) - 10-6 (won AFC West, beat Dolphins 45-7 in WC Round, lost to Patriots 30-7 in Divisional Round)
2012 - 9-7 (won AFC West, beat Steeleers 16-7 in WC Round, lost to Patriots 24-3 in Divisional Round)
2013 - 6-10 (missed playoffs)
2014 - 12-4 (won AFC West, beat Bills 38-17 in Divisional Round, lost to Titans 37-6 in AFC Championship)
2015 - 11-5 (Won AFC West, won final 10 games after 1-5 start, beat Steelers 34-14 in Divisional Round, lost to Patriots 23-9 in AFC Championship)
2016 - 12-4 (Won AFC West), beat Texans 30-10 in Divisional Round, lost to Titans 27-3 in AFC Championship.
2017 - 8-8 (missed playoffs)

My defense had a terrible season in 2017, contributing to a .500 finish despite career years from QB Michael Bolt (95 QB rating, 3127 yards, 31 TD, 10 INT) and WR Javier Willis (72 Rec, 1007 yards, 9 TD).

Last edited by skudplayr; 08-27-2009 at 05:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »