Home

Online speed to stay at slow.

This is a discussion on Online speed to stay at slow. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 15
Re: Online speed to stay at slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
EA is looking for what speed presents the best overall gameplay. They are not judging 40 times when making this decision. Slow hides some exploits in this game and removes most of the jerky animations of linemen and other players throughout the game. It makes bringing pressure more strategic, since you cant turbo through the A gap for a Nano every play now. This is the sort of stuff EA is masking through a slower speed.

They are taking what creates a more sim experience, since this game is supposed to be a "NFL simulation."
You're dead wrong about the A gap heat. It's still there and it's screaming through slower than ever!

If it is such a sim game, I'd expect it to play at the same speed the NFL does. So to say this is anything like a sim game is completely bogus. This is not sim.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Sticks
You're dead wrong about the A gap heat. It's still there and it's screaming through slower than ever!

If it is such a sim game, I'd expect it to play at the same speed the NFL does. So to say this is anything like a sim game is completely bogus. This is not sim.
Speed truly is irrelevant to whether or not a game is sim or not. Its the animations on the field that make the game sim not speed.

If you want to play the game at true to life speed, get off the couch and go to an NFL tryout.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah all my nanos still work just takes longer to hit , but now on top of that i can rocket catch too on O. The real point is EA is hiding its mistakes that they wont "fix" till 2011 and then they will call it a new feature. I want a enjoyable game and moving like a turtle isnt enjoyable not to mention the menu lags so bad
Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #28
Banned

if the speed is all the same relatively, whats the damn difference?

Do you want to play a baseball game where you have to actually hit a ball going 99mph? Probably not, its hard as hell....

Where were all the complaints from you guys in years prior when madden was FASTER than the nfl?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is one of the stupidest decisions EA has made in recent memory.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:55 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 10

Wow...this is ****ed up...seriously. I may draw an infraction but if I draw one then the rest of the EA dev team on here needs an infraction as well. Do not say one thing and do something totally different. The message was "this is only being tested for the weekend...dont worry". This didn't happen. And from the polls I've been seeing, normal speed was preferred so who are these "fans" that they are listening to? I'm really, really, ill with EA for right now...that's horrible PR. Period. I guess if these "fans" request to have the players running around the field with their a** out we'll see that next.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #31
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

give it 2-3 weeks till these forums want it back on normal because all of the rocket catching that will be going on online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
Speed truly is irrelevant to whether or not a game is sim or not. Its the animations on the field that make the game sim not speed.

If you want to play the game at true to life speed, get off the couch and go to an NFL tryout.
That's just dumb! Simulation means realistic representation. Now if you slow it down it's not realistic therefore it's not simulation.

That would be like getting in a flight SIMULATOR and it being twice as slow as it really is...I don't think you'd call it a flight simulator then now would you?

This is supposed to provide a simulation experience and it fails on so many levels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »