Home

The one thing that's an absolutely gamebreaker for me

This is a discussion on The one thing that's an absolutely gamebreaker for me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The one thing that's an absolutely gamebreaker for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
This. Sometimes people just can't adapt to new things so they have to blame something. Most of them would love to see the WR's run a 9 route and streak past the CB's for 6 every time. If you want that bump the difficultly down to Rookie hell, it happens on Pro a lot too, so there you go.

I'm playing as the Packers and I usually get between 10-15 passes to G.Jennings's and D.Driver. For those having problems, you have to know when to throw lob or bullet passes. Sometimes the D will shut your receiver's down so, you'll either have to buy some time with your QB or throw the ball away. This is very realistic, IMO.

In closing, my advice is to stop complaining and learn to play.
The people saying what I'm talking about are seriously either blind or delusional... Man I'm about to go make a video of the CPU pass reaction time at 0 and post a video of 4 straight plays in a row where the CPU runs my route before I do.

Again you people aren't understanding :

I don't suck at the game I beat the CPU in every game regardless of turning sliders heavily in their favor and I've never lost to a buddy coming over and playing I don't play sports games online because it's always people cheesing / leaving games and I just don't find that fun.

I CAN complete hooks, posts, fly routes but it doesn't change the fact that the CPU mirrors my route and sometimes runs it even before I do regardless of the quality of my DB / WR.

I never said anything about not being able to complete over the shoulder catches I complained that 99% of catch animations for flys are over the shoulder catches and the DB swats it down regardless of them being beat. Do you remember the catch animation in madden 09 where your WR put both his hands forward and sort of lunged for the ball? Where is that animation that was the perfect "lead the WR with the ball and the DB can't do anything but tackle him because he's beat, period".

To whoever bragged about 220 YPG you must be terrible because that my friend is terrible, if you can't get 300+ YPG in madden you must be terrible, I can get pass yards I didn't say every pass route is practically obsolete just about half of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #42
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by u0dcameron
The people saying what I'm talking about are seriously either blind or delusional... Man I'm about to go make a video of the CPU pass reaction time at 0 and post a video of 4 straight plays in a row where the CPU runs my route before I do.

Again you people aren't understanding :

I don't suck at the game I beat the CPU in every game regardless of turning sliders heavily in their favor and I've never lost to a buddy coming over and playing I don't play sports games online because it's always people cheesing / leaving games and I just don't find that fun.

I CAN complete hooks, posts, fly routes but it doesn't change the fact that the CPU mirrors my route and sometimes runs it even before I do regardless of the quality of my DB / WR.

I never said anything about not being able to complete over the shoulder catches I complained that 99% of catch animations for flys are over the shoulder catches and the DB swats it down regardless of them being beat. Do you remember the catch animation in madden 09 where your WR put both his hands forward and sort of lunged for the ball? Where is that animation that was the perfect "lead the WR with the ball and the DB can't do anything but tackle him because he's beat, period".

To whoever bragged about 220 YPG you must be terrible because that my friend is terrible, if you can't get 300+ YPG in madden you must be terrible, I can get pass yards I didn't say every pass route is practically obsolete just about half of them.
So does that make you the go to guy for Madden? i don't get 300 yards every game, so that makes me terrible? Arrogance

Just because you can shank every team for all their worth doesn't mean that other people suck just because they cant accomplish what you can.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 08-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
So does that make you the go to guy for Madden? i don't get 300 yards every game, so that makes me terrible? Arrogance

Just because you can shank every team for all their worth doesn't mean that other people suck just because they cant accomplish what you can.
Yes, yes it does.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #44
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I am not a stud "madden baller" but I am having no trouble passing on All-Pro....

Not sure if some of you having problems becuase you're forcing throws or what.

Sometimes you simply cannot pass to certain players, just liek in real life. Larry Fitzgerald isn't always open, sometimes Warner has to go to his 3rd, 4th option or throw it away or tuck and run.

Not sure what people are expecting but I find the passing game very good and realistic.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:36 AM   #45
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by u0dcameron
Yes, yes it does.
LOL, I have never met a person that is so blinded by arrogance.

Please, i have to know one simple question, what grade are you in?

I guess everyone needs a little something to fill the voids in their lives. But by telling yourself you are better than everyone else because you can get 300 yards passing in a video game, exactly how much of a life do you not have?

Im better than everyone else because i can get 3-4 sacks a game.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #46
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

Madden 08 was a dink and dunk passing game, but 09 has made the outside WR absolutely worthless except like you said the crossing routes.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #47
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
LOL, I have never met a person that is so blinded by arrogance.

Please, i have to know one simple question, what grade are you in?

I guess everyone needs a little something to fill the voids in their lives. But by telling yourself you are better than everyone else because you can get 300 yards passing in a video game, exactly how much of a life do you not have?

Im better than everyone else because i can get 3-4 sacks a game.
Why cant the guy brag? Somebody says he suck he should be able to say he thinks he's good. Anyways, Passing is not the problem i's how fast The Dbs react to the route your Wr is running so people are really trying to tell me that they have never seen a Cb make the the same cut same direction same time as your Wr? If know maybe you should pay attention to the game you are playing or up the difficultly. What the OP is talking about happens in the game. More then it.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #48
MVP

I understand most of what the OP was saying. However, the DEFENSE has to win sometimes. It is difficult to complete deep passes in real life especially vs. Man over coverage. I can complete every type of pass but, not against every type of defense every time. I honestly don't see the defense running the routes. I do see really watered down non aggressive receivers though.

I don't know if it's a lack of animations or animations not firing at the right time but, that over the shoulder catch animation fires at the most ridiculous times. Why have a jump rating when guys like Fitz and Calvin Johnson won't go up and get the ball. The DB's go for the ball and the receivers wait for it to fall into their laps. Even on fade routes in the end zone. UUUGHGHHH!!!!!!!!! It doesn't happen as much in NCAA so this should be easily patchable.

In the list of things patched in NCAA,press coverage was tweaked so, hopefully there will be more risk reward and more receivers being able beat press coverage.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »