Home

Career ending injuries.

This is a discussion on Career ending injuries. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Career ending injuries.

Sacked mark sanchez on the first play of my week 2 game againat the jets and broke his neck.....

couldnt stop laughin haha it was ridiculously funny...

wat a shameful career it was for sanchez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
I actually think this is in the game already, atleast sort of. I have seen several players take 4-8 point drops following season ending injury. In many cases this is a career killer, especially if their backup has a good season.

I have seen it happen to Chris Samuels, (which sucked because his back up was trash, so even aftrer the ratings hit he was the best LT I had), and to Andre Carter (a 7 point drop) which worked out because Jeremy Jarmon exploded for 12 sacks and in turn an 6 point jump.

Now, I am sure that the point drops are more from inactivity then the actual injury, but hey, I can pretend....lol
Aging players have declining ratings, that's why theirs went down. I've seen young players out for the season and their ratings will go up. How does that make sense?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:00 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
This reminds me of Head Coach- Each body part has a % attached to it (The lower the % the higher the chances that the part could be hurt again). Like if someone got a torn ACL and was out for the year, once that injury was done, The highest that part would get to is like 75%. And it would stay that way their entire career. So you could have game to game wear and tear as well as year to year wear and tear. It was awesome.
That IS awesome. Man, I wish that kind of stuff was in this year. I'm a bit confused though. If a guy sprains his ankle and the percentage goes down, it's like the for his entire career? What about for like a broken finger or something? That could really f up a qb. Do little injuries like those last entire careers? If so, that's less awesome.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:11 AM   #84
All Star

OVR: 33

Romo broke his thumb in an online game of mine.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #85
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

I was searching for somethin and came across this...............................
here is my story
in madden 08 on the ps2 with the redskins i hate jamarcus russell and his career was over

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 4

The only time I have had a comical career ending injury was back on Madden 2004 on the PS2.

My roommate and I started a franchise, I was the Raiders and he was the Ravens. After having a couple of seasons where his offense was crippled by poor QB play (Boller!) he decided to follow the path of Mike Ditka and trade his draft (1st, 2nd and 3rd) to the Falcons for Mike Vick who had just won the Super Bowl and MVP (threw for about 2500 yards and rushed for 1500!).

Needless to say he was pumped because he had an amazing D with the Ravens and with Vick on Madden you had an offense just in him. Well, first preseason game in the first quarter he is running around just ripping it up with Vick.... then he gets sacked and is out for the rest of the game. After the game was over he checked the medical report... Career Ending Injury....

I lost it, my other roommate was just busting up laughing because he was so jacked to get Vick and he only played 1 quarter of meaningless football.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #87
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden81
if only this most overrated player of all time play came true in the first week against the bills it would be great!

epic fail on this post...and I'm a bills fan too
Old 11-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 4

I got a tackle who I'm stuck overpaying who I wish would have a career ender

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »