Home

Career ending injuries.

This is a discussion on Career ending injuries. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #41
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Career ending injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
lol Brady and Vick are not overrated at all. If anything, Vick is underrated because everyone says that even in his prime, he wasn't one of the better QBs in the league which is a complete lie. Vick changed the game and almost led the Falcons to a super bowl.

And as for Brady being overrated, come on now. If you've ever watched him play (other than like the one superbowl against the Giants) it is so obvious that Brady is an amazing talent. He can put the ball wherever he wants and almost never makes mistakes.

And as for the career-ending injuries, I've seen Aaron Kampman suffer one (when he was like 38 anyway) and I saw Josh Freeman suffer one in his rookie season. Poor Tampa.
As a Michigan guy, I'm a little biased, but I have to laugh when people talk about Tom Brady being "overrated". Here was a guy drafted in the 6th round behind a half-dozen QB's you've never heard of, and there was no buzz about him being ANYTHING in the NFL.

So, afterwards he wins 3 Super Bowls (and almost a 4th) on what is a clearly a pass-oriented team, people start talking about him as one of the all-time greats, and now he's....OVER-rated?

It's almost like people are reverting back to all the knocks on him coming out of the NFL combine (not enough arm strength, etc...).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 9

This has happened to shaun rogers in each of my last 3 franchises... go figure

#GoPackGo
Old 08-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #43
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
This has happened to shaun rogers in each of my last 3 franchises... go figure
lmfao
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #44
Rookie

JWO35's Arena

OVR: 2

Tim Hightower in Madden 09
Chris Johnson in Madden 10

I also saw this Rookie (Fake Rookie) have a career ending injury in Week 1 (He wasn't that good tho)
Old 08-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden81
if only this most overrated player of all time play came true in the first week against the bills it would be great!
that's the most utterly ridiculous thing I've EVER heard. that's balki bartocumus ridiculous. not to mention 100% incorrect. there is no justification of such a wildly innacurate statement. you can't even claim opinion... it's just wrong. yikes.

to the OP's point - my buddy broke Mannings neck for a career-ending injury back in 2002 or 2003.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
You lose all credibility for the fact that you don't even consider Vick's ability as a dual threat. The passing isn't what made Vick. He could complete passes when he needed to, and absolutely shred a defense with his legs almost whenever he wanted to. The NFL has never had a player like Vick at the QB position and as a result, people like you try to say he wasn't good just because he was different. If a defense has to build their entire defensive scheme around trying to find a way to contain you, you are a good player and the fact of the matter is Vick was an absolute nightmare for defenses to stop, and his record as a starting QB shows it.

Who's gotten closer to the Superbowl as a starter? Michael Vick, Drew Brees, Chris Redman, or Joey Harrington? I believe the answer is Michael Vick, and it's because he terrorized defenses in ways that the other 3 could not.
You lose all credibility trying to make the argument that a player gets to a Superbowl rather than a team. So by your own statement you would rather have Trent Dilfer over Vick because Dilfer won a Superbowl. Forget the fact that he road his defense because all that matters is that he was the QB on a team that won it. What did Vick do for the Falcons? He took them to the playoffs and loss. Wow! Matt Ryan has more talent and has done more as a passing QB for the Falcons than Vick did his entire career with the team. You can try and use that BS about him being a dual threat QB all you want. I see it this way. The only reason he was a dual threat is because he had to run to makeup for his shortcomings as a Passing QB. McNabb was a dual threat QB when he first started then he became a good passing QB and became a natural pocket QB (he runs everynow and then). Vick will never be a true QB because he can't do the one thing asked from the QB position....Throw the ball with accuracy to the WRs. He just cant do it.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #47
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Anyone tempted to use the DLC, I think it is called "Play Trough Pain" to bring a guy bacK?

I wonder if it works on career ending injuries?
Old 08-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #48
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyPhillips
You lose all credibility trying to make the argument that a player gets to a Superbowl rather than a team. So by your own statement you would rather have Trent Dilfer over Vick because Dilfer won a Superbowl. Forget the fact that he road his defense because all that matters is that he was the QB on a team that won it. What did Vick do for the Falcons? He took them to the playoffs and loss. Wow! Matt Ryan has more talent and has done more as a passing QB for the Falcons than Vick did his entire career with the team. You can try and use that BS about him being a dual threat QB all you want. I see it this way. The only reason he was a dual threat is because he had to run to makeup for his shortcomings as a Passing QB. McNabb was a dual threat QB when he first started then he became a good passing QB and became a natural pocket QB (he runs everynow and then). Vick will never be a true QB because he can't do the one thing asked from the QB position....Throw the ball with accuracy to the WRs. He just cant do it.
I would rather have Dilfer than alot of the starters today, yes. Dilfer knew his role with the team and played it perfectly. Vick carried the entire offense for his team, and got them within a game of the superbowl. Even the teams with great defenses needed a solid offense to win games. The Ravens had Jamal Lewis, the Bucs had Brad Johnson dipping and dunking (although they outscored the Raiders with their defense anyway), and the Falcons, who had an above-average, but not a great defense, had Michael Vick and nothing else. Without Vick, the Falcons wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs. And I know that Vick was not the only reason for the Falcons collapse, but his departure from the team is one of the major reasons that they went from being a possible super bowl team to a 3rd overall pick team.

The Quarterbacks job is to win football games. If all you care about is how pretty they throw the ball then so be it, but the QB is put in charge of leading his team and winning games and Michael Vick did that better than Drew Brees has. Not to say Brees isn't a better QB now, but back when Vick was in his prime, I definitely would have taken him over Brees, because Vick gave his team a better chance to win.

And lastly, the reason that McNabb is no longer a dual threat is NOT because he "learned to pass". McNabb was always a more accurate passer than Vick and has always been a very solid passer. He became less mobile as a result of his injuries, and if you think that he's chosen not to be more of a threat with his legs then you're just silly because being able to run just makes you even more dangerous.

But I'm done trying to argue with you since you obviously do not have an open mind at all and just think that if you're not a pocket QB, you're not a good QB. So pathetic.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »