Home

Career ending injuries.

This is a discussion on Career ending injuries. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Career ending injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Anyone tempted to use the DLC, I think it is called "Play Trough Pain" to bring a guy bacK?

I wonder if it works on career ending injuries?
No not at all injuries make the game fun and I would never spend money on pointless DLC that EA sells its all just a ripoff.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:44 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwired21
I have seen quite a few season ending injuries on the cpu teams but not mine. In fact in week 15, I only have one injury while the other teams average 4. I have the injury slider up to 100. I relly hope the injury slider effectiveness is changed during the next patch for controlled games. Injuries are a part of football and I want them to happen on my team.
+1
Old 08-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #51
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyPhillips
You lose all credibility trying to make the argument that a player gets to a Superbowl rather than a team. So by your own statement you would rather have Trent Dilfer over Vick because Dilfer won a Superbowl. Forget the fact that he road his defense because all that matters is that he was the QB on a team that won it. What did Vick do for the Falcons? He took them to the playoffs and loss. Wow! Matt Ryan has more talent and has done more as a passing QB for the Falcons than Vick did his entire career with the team. You can try and use that BS about him being a dual threat QB all you want. I see it this way. The only reason he was a dual threat is because he had to run to makeup for his shortcomings as a Passing QB. McNabb was a dual threat QB when he first started then he became a good passing QB and became a natural pocket QB (he runs everynow and then). Vick will never be a true QB because he can't do the one thing asked from the QB position....Throw the ball with accuracy to the WRs. He just cant do it.
Actually his kind of right because by this logic Chris Chandler is a better QB than Vick too. Which is correct!! If I recall correctly, there's about 3-4 Atlanta QB's who have a much better Passer Rating than Vick. Umm, off the top of my head I believe that is Chandler, Jeff George and Bobby Hebert. While Vick is a GREAT athlete he is only a average passer and that's the truth not matter how much you dog hating, fan boys with low morals try to argue it.

Still not really sure how this all turned into a Vick thread though . My original Vick post was meant as a joke because of the utterly ******** statement about Tom Brady.

I apologize to the OP for bringing it into the downward spiral.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #52
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Actually his kind of right because by this logic Chris Chandler is a better QB than Vick too. Which is correct!! If I recall correctly, there's about 3-4 Atlanta QB's who have a much better Passer Rating than Vick. Umm, off the top of my head I believe that is Chandler, Jeff George and Bobby Hebert. While Vick is a GREAT athlete he is only a average passer and that's the truth not matter how much you dog hating, fan boys with low morals try to argue it.

Still not really sure how this all turned into a Vick thread though . My original Vick post was meant as a joke because of the utterly ******** statement about Tom Brady.

I apologize to the OP for bringing it into the downward spiral.
Agreed, but being an average passer doesn't make you an average QB.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #53
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

For the guys talking about the low occurence of injury in games played, how many minute quarters are you playing? I play 12 mins with 20 sec. accelerated and have the injury slider set at 58 and almost feel like I need to lower it sometimes because I see too many injuries.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:56 PM   #54
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
For the guys talking about the low occurence of injury in games played, how many minute quarters are you playing? I play 12 mins with 20 sec. accelerated and have the injury slider set at 58 and almost feel like I need to lower it sometimes because I see too many injuries.
I play 15 min. quarters with 25 sec. runoff.

I see 2, maybe 3 injuries a game and have yet to see an multiple-week injury in a game which I actually played. All my significant injuries have happened when I simmed.

I have my injury slider set at default...I don't want to increase it because sim injuries happen way too often already.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:58 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4

I hit sticked Slaton with Landry and it ended the career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #56
Rookie

jwired21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I play 13 min quarters with 20 second runoff and 100 injury slider and have only one player that missed a max of 5 weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »