Home

DE Swim Moves & Power Moves

This is a discussion on DE Swim Moves & Power Moves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: DE Swim Moves & Power Moves

I don 't think you can pick your move... you just hit the stick and the cpu decides what move is done. El Crappo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

I feel like if gotten the stick and jumps down pretty well (although the manual was useless). Most of the time I will move the faster REs to LE and do the following (my brain for some reason can not accomplish this form the RE position... I'm sure a lot of people can use this on both sides):

1. Adjust the end closer to the line (learn exactly where offsides gets called and get your end right up to that point, it will help your end jump the count)

2. line up your end's inside shoulder on the outside ear of the right tackle. I am trying to get close enough so the tackle engages the end... this allows you to get around the end without triggering those stupid missed power move animations on a good jump.

3. Next (and prior to snap) I hold the sprint button, push the right stick to the right and hold the left stick down to the point right before the end moves offsides.

4. When the ball is snapped slam the left stick down and you should rip/swim around the outside of the tackle - make sure to release the right stick after the rip or you will go into a stupid missed tackle animation.

5. If there is a FB I rip around him again, HBs get power moved with the stick down. If you are getting knocked over by these guys stop using the sprint button after the tackle - it increases your chance of loosing your footing.

6. If all of that worked you should have a shot at the QB. Hold the sprint button, get to within a couple of feet and dive at him with X. You will get the feel for this after a while, but the dive button stops those annoying throw away animations and allows your DE to rack up the sacks.

This works very well for me in passing situations with a 3 man defensive front and a MLB QB spy. Also works with the QB trap calls very well.

* The move that occurs is dictacted by the players stats. Great pass rushers with high FMV and PMV will swim (the best move in my opinion), while FMV-only guys will spin (too slow to create pressure unless the guy has very high speed)- PMV guys will swim or rip, but are usually too slow to create outside pressure.

Last edited by the_steve; 11-24-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 13

^^^nice, but still the R stick for DL moves sucks, cuz if you get free and haven't completely let off the stick you get that dumb whiff animation, want the old school control layout back badly if for no other reason than they made friggin sense!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_steve
I feel like if gotten the stick and jumps down pretty well (although the manual was useless). Most of the time I will move the faster REs to LE and do the following (my brain for some reason can not accomplish this form the RE position... I'm sure a lot of people can use this on both sides):

1. Adjust the end closer to the line (learn exactly where offsides gets called and get your end right up to that point, it will help your end jump the count)

2. line up your end's inside shoulder on the outside ear of the right tackle. I am trying to get close enough so the tackle engages the end... this allows you to get around the end without triggering those stupid missed power move animations on a good jump.

3. Next (and prior to snap) I hold the sprint button, push the right stick to the right and hold the left stick down to the point right before the end moves offsides.

4. When the ball is snapped slam the left stick down and you should rip/swim around the outside of the tackle - make sure to release the right stick after the rip or you will go into a stupid missed tackle animation.

5. If there is a FB I rip around him again, HBs get power moved with the stick down. If you are getting knocked over by these guys stop using the sprint button after the tackle - it increases your chance of loosing your footing.

6. If all of that worked you should have a shot at the QB. Hold the sprint button, get to within a couple of feet and dive at him with X. You will get the feel for this after a while, but the dive button stops those annoying throw away animations and allows your DE to rack up the sacks.

This works very well for me in passing situations with a 3 man defensive front and a MLB QB spy. Also works with the QB trap calls very well.

* The move that occurs is dictacted by the players stats. Great pass rushers with high FMV and PMV will swim (the best move in my opinion), while FMV-only guys will spin (too slow to create pressure unless the guy has very high speed)- PMV guys will swim or rip, but are usually too slow to create outside pressure.
Thanks. Im assuming this is pretty much the same for both 360 and PS3?
Old 11-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Hays
Thanks. Im assuming this is pretty much the same for both 360 and PS3?
Should be, the most important thing is getting the swim move engaged quickly. I use the chargers a lot and move Sean Phillips into the LE spot - he overmatches most right tackles... better players will notice the mismatch and move their best pass blocker to the outside which opens up another area for blitzing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_steve

So i'm kinda confused on the RS....Do you hold it to the right the entire time before the snap and then release it right when the ball gets snapped?
Old 11-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsEve666
So i'm kinda confused on the RS....Do you hold it to the right the entire time before the snap and then release it right when the ball gets snapped?
I release the rights stick after I get free from the tackle, except when I get instantly engaged by a TE (i.e. when you swim past the tackle right into the TE just keep holding it to perform the next move). You just need to avoid holding it when your open and on the way to the next defender or to the QB.

I'm not sure if you even need to hold it after the spin/swim/rip animation starts, but I do out of habbit. The most important timing move is the dive at the QB. Good dives lock you onto the QB - I'm not sure what stat effects the dive range, probably jump. I have the most luck with quick players - a quick rip and dive can get you a sack even on a shotgun QB very quickly (not nano fast, but easily less than 2 seconds).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »