Home

Question about pass attempts?

This is a discussion on Question about pass attempts? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Question about pass attempts?

Whenever i throw the ball away on first down let's say, and i'm called for "intentional grounding" and the Opponent accepts the penalty...why am i not charged w/ a pass attempt?

Also whenever i spike the ball to stop the clock, i thought that counted as a pass attempt as well?

am i just ignorant or what, i just know the game doesn't count either as an attempt, so i wanted to make sure that was right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Question about pass attempts?

I think I have only thrown a pass away without getting intentional grounding called once and Ive only attempted maybe 3 times. I dont know how to throw it away perfectly every time. Does anyone know?
Old 11-23-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

turn down the intentional grounding slider to 1... you wont get called for it when you shouldnt be (aka you're out of the pocket)
Old 11-23-2009, 12:46 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

The throw away button works fine.. I throw away consistently (3-4x a game) without any intentional grounding.

Sometimes it seems madden uses the hashes instead of the tackle box for determining intentional grounding though.. kind of wierd.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
Pro

But shouldn't i be charged w/ a pass attempt when i get an intentional grounding penalty? especially since the penalty results in a loss of down? The game certainly doesn't think so...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsEve666
But shouldn't i be charged w/ a pass attempt when i get an intentional grounding penalty? especially since the penalty results in a loss of down? The game certainly doesn't think so...
No you shouldn't. Intentional grounding takes the ball back to the spot where the QB released the ball and nullifies the throw.

You should however be charged with an incomplete pass on a spike.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No you shouldn't. Intentional grounding takes the ball back to the spot where the QB released the ball and nullifies the throw.

Intentional grounding basically means the play results in the QB sacking himself, as this guy said.

I never noticed spikes don't count as incomplete passes, though. I actually like that, I wish the NFL didn't count a spike or a kneel as an attempt
Old 11-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I tested this as well...and it doesn't count as an incomplete pass in the game...i'm still not sure on what the real rule is

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »