Home

Best Way to play?

This is a discussion on Best Way to play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best Way to play?

I started out my franchise using the My Skill settings and things were fine, I had a solid Run Game and Good Passing game as the Bears. Now 10 weeks later My Rushing is non-existent and My passing is dominant. I normally wouldn't care but my stats with Cutler are flattening everyone else's and Forte is at the bottom of all RB's leaving me seeking a better balance and more realistic experience. So I'm asking for everyone's help as far as what skill level and sliders to play on/tweak.. I'm ready to start fresh... Thanks all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Best Way to play?

Its very subjective. I myself prefer custom sliders somewhere between all pro and all madden. I like to lose in a fair game against the cpu every now and then.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Its very subjective. I myself prefer custom sliders somewhere between all pro and all madden. I like to lose in a fair game against the cpu every now and then.
What sliders do you use?
Old 08-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I came up with my own. I might need to make them more difficult cuz I just went 14-2 with the Raiders.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

yeah i tried using my skill as well, and it seemed it moved too drastically. I'm gonna stick with it for the rest of my bears season (im 4-0, but i did restart the pit game a few times =( ) since im not playing with long enough quarters it seems. I only use 7min with acc clock. Next time I'll probably just try straight all pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm the same way, I have no problem losing but I would like a somewhat real experience.. 300yds passing and 50 yards running every game gets old fast. Was there a certain slider set you worked off of Raider?
Old 08-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

As of now im playing on all-pro with the cpu slider broken tackle at 100. For all-pro difficulty you need to have the broken tackle cpu slider set to 100 since the blocking is such a cluster. Running and passing feels pretty good just wished i dropped more passes and had more penalties to prevent my long lasting drives.

The main issue with these settings is that the cpu on offense sucks. Yes with the broken tackle slider raised to 100 they fight for first downs more and are able to break for some pretty big plays but the cpu can't pass the ball. It has nothing to do with accuracy, throw power, or playcalling. It there awareness!
The cpu for some reason can't make the right decisions consistently unless there awareness is set from 90-99. For the QB's with 89 and below there are plenty of times where I controll my safety ignore a deep route and swat/pick a crossing, out, in, hitch, or slant.

Im starting to think the awareness rating is simply broken if below 90. The cpu makes too many dumb decisions.

Now for the All-madden slider I set every category of the cpu sliders to 25. Im like the dropped passes though there are too many and attempt to juke and spin by the cpu (though they break out of the pro-tak gang tackle a little to much). The cpu will try to take your head off too such as throwing a pass in a zone will earn you a hitstick or in the open field with a bigger back they will attempt to take your legs out(CB's should be the main defenders on defense regardless of difficulty trying to go low instead of lining there self up to get trucked).

So best way to play huh? Try these and see if you like'em man.
R.I.P Sean Taylor #21

Washington Redskins
Los Angeles Lakers

XBOX 360 Gamertag: HOLLYWOOD III
Old 08-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

i play all pro and will probably stop using my skill setting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »