Home

Does the rock music on Madden grow on you?

This is a discussion on Does the rock music on Madden grow on you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #57
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Does the rock music on Madden grow on you?

"sugar" inspires me everytime...
Old 08-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Iron Maiden and Judas Priest alone makes it one of the best Madden soundtracks. Metal > rock.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #59
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I think the soundtrack is the worst I've ever heard in a Madden game. Here's why:

They are alienating a whole lot of people with their choice of tracks. Who are the people saying this is the greatest soundtrack ever? The heavy metal lovers. IMO it looks like Ian said he wanted his favorite songs in Madden this year. You don't see one person that listens to rap say this is the best soundtrack ever. What does that tell you? It's heavily favored to one genre. Usually they have a good mix of all kinds of music. They may have no name artists, but it's a good mix. This year it's a heavy metal sandwich with a few sprinkles of rap. Very old rap at that. I'm sorry, I got tired of hearing hate me now in the 90's when the radio played it 5 times every hour. I definitely don't want to hear it now while I'm in practice mode lol. Oddly enough the only tracks that I like are the NFL tracks and the few tracks from the people that no one's ever heard of. I have no problem with them doing classics like that for you guys, but you can't just have that and only that.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

So you want them to have new age rap aka garbage? Honestly there should be custom soundtracks so we wouldn't even have to discuss this.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #61
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

I just can't believe that Pantera is on a Madden soundtrack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut
I'm glad EA added Sabotage to the list - it's an old song, but I never get tired of it. Makes me want to put on a moustache, big old aviator shades, and go chase bad guys

EA should take a real chance and use - she's on it - on the sound track haha. Not to mention that the Beastie Boys are one of the most unique bands in pop culture history-lyrics with a great tongue in cheek sense of humor-white punk rap-=-==-=

like it or hate it, the fact is , this is the 1st year Madden has put legitimate/real/ proven bands on the sound track. every year past has been less than one hit wonders or bands that you knew were blatant CD company tax write off bands that only 12 year olds thought were cool.
Heck, i went to that Rose Bowl Madden thing 2 years ago and the bands were no name e and a cord crap.

The NFL highlight music is whats really great to have on the game though!!!!

maybe they need more old school punk,like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTWdZhqoc0

or maybe this

hows this for mid 1980s punk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKxMueL61z0

ultimately though- this needs to be on the game haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkeF0DNLsjE
Old 08-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
I can just see it now.

Madden NFL 2011 Soundtrack:
Queen - We Will Rock You
Queen - We Are the Champions
Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
AC/DC - Thunderstruck

And that's it. I swear that would drive me crazy, and I really like Queen (not so much We Will Rock You though).

On topic though, the chances of me getting a soundtrack I TRULY like in Madden is non-existant, so this soundtrack isn't bad.
Well, that would be NFL music, do you like it on Sunday? I personally want the game to be as nfl as it gets, because right now, it doesnt feel like Im playing a NFL game really. I have nothing against rap, metal, funk, jazz, what ever if the occasion fits, but lets keep it a realistic football game. This is the EA crap that has lead to people loosing interest. We didnt get music we see on Sundays did we. Oh yeah, dont forget to add a few to your above list....

keep in mind I have a recording studio, so Ive spliced these to make them flow and make sense. Ive also faded them out when I wanted to, so it sounds good in game no matter how long you take between plays,etc.

1.eye of the tiger
2.war(rocky 5 sountrack-this kicks butt if done right! I gotta pot my 2k5 custom track

3.simply the best-my version kicks on 2k5, starts right on the word "simply the best and music goes right after that. Used as a touchdown celebration is a awesome feeling when this one plays.
4.all fox,cbs,abc,nbc,espn,classics themes!!
5.I have princes "cream" song for one of the end of a quarter songs, sounds cool.
6.live and let die- can be good if edited to right part
7.I have the end to November rain by guns and roses(lead into guitar solo) at 2 minute warning, can be awesome in a close heated game!
8.Cant touch this td celebration
9.Living in America-could be a game opener, or halftime song, even td celebration.
10.td celebration-bye bye baby bye bye, all she wrote-firehouse-edited with begining words and then right to guitar solo (spliced).
11.Conan Barbraian song for first downs(theme music)
12.Celebrate good times come on!-cool and the gang.
13.dirty deeds-ac dc
14.fantastic voyage-90's rap song-music only td celebration
15.music-REGULATE WARREN G BABY!!-td celebration, sacks, interceptions, this song kicks for anything!
16.Welcome to the jungle-guns n roses-kicks butt
17.Enter Sandman-Mettalica-AWESOME TD CELEBRATION MUSIC!
18.Megadeth song from 90's-symphony of distruction-td celeb & others
19.ANY GOOD TECNO MUSIC (dance)isnt bad for nfl football
20.Another one bites thge dust, we will rock you-of course they got to be in the game at least once here and there!
21.I get knocked down, but I get up again
22.Walk this way-ac/dc
23.Tom Sawyer
24.shook me all night long!!
25.I got some custom stuff thats rocks-pumping you up type stuff
26-power!

And tons more, these are some of my 2k5 in game songs and I can tell you the difference they make in presentation is breath taking. Im a good music editor, and it really makes the game exciting if these songs are edited correectly.

I always wished EA would 1 up 2k5 and give us custom celebration annimations like 2k5 did, accept go one step forward and allow the user to pick a song top be played with that. So a td, sack, etc song would be random unless one of the buttons was pushed(like 2k5) accept again, music and celebration annimation combo would play. That would be sweet.

This is the type of stuff outside the box, which EA doesnt do....

These should never be full songs, or begining of songs in the game-they should be edited by a sound pro to gran the right parts for the game, and usually fade out after a bit to sound good and be in the right perspective.

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-28-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #64
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Oh you mean the crap music that I turned off since day one? Nah, they don't grow on me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »