Home

User vs User no dropped passes

This is a discussion on User vs User no dropped passes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: User vs User no dropped passes

I think you've missed the point of sliders. The OP would do good to investigate the effects of lowering QB accuracy and WR catching. Oh, and forgetting Versuz's theories would also be a good start.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Alright, alright...

I understand everyones point of view regarding Versuz sliders but thats not my issue. Besides, once you start adjusting sliders the skill level changes and it becomes very similar to a "My Skill Setting" which is what Ive done.

All Im trying to do is get a realistic franchise offline with some friends. For the most part things look good except we cant get nonone to drop any passes.
So if I can get a tip or two on that...

Has anyone else played against another human "offline" and had players drop passes?
Old 08-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #11
Rookie

Everybody is attacking Versuz2, and the OP -why? Either you play user vs. user offline, or you don't. Either you have a "nobody drops passes ever" issue under the above circumstances, or you don't. If you are the latter case, please let the OP know what sliders/skill settings you using. He already said he has used a variety of slider settings and skill levels, with the same result. Simple, right? Thanks.

By the way, in User vs CPU offline games, drops occur when and where they should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #12
Rookie

Am I to assume this is a non issue for everyone else?
Old 08-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4

Not attacking Versuz here, btw. I certainly appreciate what Versuz has tried to do. I just think that he professes his sliders as *the true sliders* a little too much. I mean saying that you know without a doubt that you have *the* perfect sliders for everyone is like saying you know without a doubt there is a god. It's a claim that can't be backed up with evidence. Patience will be rewarded.

My suggestion for the OP and friend is to gauge their own passing skills.

If you're good and reading the defense and can make good timed throws, go with a QB Accuracy of 20 or so and a WR catch between 28 and 38. This works well is a CPU defense pass awareness of around 50, giver or take some. Finding the right sliders really involves you taking the time to test out how sliders work and what you need. If starting from scratch, I advocate starting with all sliders at 0 and then incrementing 3 to 5 notches at at time to get balance.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

The game overall still needs more random drops and drops when being hit....no matter what level you are playing on because it's just more realistic that way.

Watch any NFL game and you will easily see 5 to 10 very catchable passes dropped a game.

might be frustrating when playing, but I sure would appreciate the simulation aspect
Old 08-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

This is just one of the core problems with this game that no set of sliders can really fix.

Players of all positions (LBs, linemen, backs, tight ends, receivers) just make way too many catches they shouldn't in this game.

It's just a part of Madden's arcade style that isn't going away unless the people at the top (EA) decide to change it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #16
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
that's because versus's sliders are based off of a theory that he has developed and has somehow accepted as fact.

He thinks that Pro is the default level because the NFL are 'pro' players. Then he says All-Pro can't be the default level because not everybody in the NFL is an 'all pro' pro-bowl caliber player. That's crazy, and a twisting of the words in a way not intended.

The vids he uses to support them are quite flawed as well. If you can't maintain a skeptical eye while watching the 'proof' he offers up, then you probably aren't a free-thinker.

On the other hand, I'd argue that All-Pro is the intended default by the devs because they've talked about it. Not only is All-Pro centered at 10 on all the sliders 0-20, but in past videos from E3 Ian was defending how the user QB had too much time in the pocket because people were playing on Pro difficulty, and it was made to be easy like that.

-Rookie is for morons, where the CPU cheats to make it easier for you
-Pro is for noobs with everything made a bit too easy (like no dropped balls)
-All-Pro is realistic!
-Madden is for the challenge seeker, where the CPU cheats to make it too hard

Now, keep in mind I'm not saying the default settings on All-Pro will give the best game possible, in fact far from it. The CPU QB will be too good (Brady-type precision from rooks like the Mark Sanchez) and the CPU RB will stink (Maroney-type runs from studs like Peterson)

I do use versus's approach to keeping my skill at All-Pro, but I alter the CPU skill to my tastes, not just pinning them all at 100.
You should really rephrase the part about morons,it comes off like you mean if people play on rookie that they are stupid or dumb even if that is not how you mean it it comes off that way...and if it is how you mean...one word ignorance.

Last edited by permanent1; 08-28-2009 at 05:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »