Home

User vs User no dropped passes

This is a discussion on User vs User no dropped passes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
User vs User no dropped passes

So my partner and I play franchise with modifed skill settings based on Versuz sliders.

The only problem that we're running into is none of our players are dropping any balls. Regardless of their skill, nonone drops any passes.

So we tried zeroing out the cpu and the human sliders but we are still getting the same result. Everyone has hands of glue.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited by Cunning_Fox; 08-28-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: User vs User no dropped passes

All I can suggest is use different sliders.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
Rookie

right,

Well thats just it, Ive tried adjusting sliders etc...
Has anyone else tried playing against another user offline and noticed this?
Old 08-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Too bad there is no way to record this since the game DOESN'T RECORD USER STATS ANYMORE!!! Sorry, just wanted to take that oportunity to voice some frustration. That is some BS though about no drops.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

How do you get it to where both of you have the same sliders? I never see a place where the 2nd person can load their own profile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
Rookie

With the other users profile...
Once he/she clicks on the settings tab it will change to his profile. He has to match is settings/slider up with whatever you all agree to use etc...
Old 08-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 21

that's because versus's sliders are based off of a theory that he has developed and has somehow accepted as fact.

He thinks that Pro is the default level because the NFL are 'pro' players. Then he says All-Pro can't be the default level because not everybody in the NFL is an 'all pro' pro-bowl caliber player. That's crazy, and a twisting of the words in a way not intended.

The vids he uses to support them are quite flawed as well. If you can't maintain a skeptical eye while watching the 'proof' he offers up, then you probably aren't a free-thinker.

On the other hand, I'd argue that All-Pro is the intended default by the devs because they've talked about it. Not only is All-Pro centered at 10 on all the sliders 0-20, but in past videos from E3 Ian was defending how the user QB had too much time in the pocket because people were playing on Pro difficulty, and it was made to be easy like that.

-Rookie is for little kids, where the CPU cheats to make it easier for you
-Pro is for noobs with everything made a bit too easy (like no dropped balls)
-All-Pro is realistic!
-Madden is for the challenge seeker, where the CPU cheats to make it too hard

Now, keep in mind I'm not saying the default settings on All-Pro will give the best game possible, in fact far from it. The CPU QB will be too good (Brady-type precision from rooks like the Mark Sanchez) and the CPU RB will stink (Maroney-type runs from studs like Peterson)

I do use versus's approach to keeping my skill at All-Pro, but I alter the CPU skill to my tastes, not just pinning them all at 100.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

Last edited by jvaccaro; 08-28-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

never understood y perople clamer for sliders.. y not just play the game as it was orignally intended. To me unless your turning things up, it feels like cheating becuase your fixing sliders based on what u can and cant do. I here people all the time" i cant do blah blah the game sucks but i fixed the sliders now i can do it and the game is good again" cmon now

And to anser your question i see dropped passs all the time.. try playing as Tennessee

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »