Home

I know WHY RB's are not getting TD's!!!

This is a discussion on I know WHY RB's are not getting TD's!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: I know WHY RB's are not getting TD's!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
I agree that I don't think some of these things "slipped" by them.

If they are at all competent they knew some of these issues existed.

This stat engine certainly can't be the foundation of a great franchise. They were supposed to have focused on the basics for this years franchise mode to build off of next year.

This foundation still has a lot of holes in it.

The funny part is, remember when 09 was coming out and they were telling us the stats were going to be great?

I seriously think, all the hard work aside by Ian and CO (and i applaud the game overall as a huge step up), there are just a whole lot of BIGGER issues with the core game design. Why else would NEW issues pop up year after year that were not there prior. they fix something and in turn, it screws something else up. That is issues within the overall design and coding of the game. I mean not for nothing, but EVERY SINGLE year there are "NEW" stupid things which leaves us scratching our head.

By the time Madden is "JUST RIGHT" we will have a new console and the cycle will repeat ALL OVER AGAIN. Give us a bare bones game as a "foundation" to build upon.

I am just frustrated by the stupid crap which pops up after several games and that is something you can just about GUARANTEE with Madden ever since next-gen hit.....PROBLEMS without ANY RHYME OR REASON.

Sorry, i drifted off topic.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would say that not only is the goalline passing the culprit to resulting in insanely low TD numbers for RB, but it also means the CPU isn't scoring as many touchdowns as it should/could as a result. This is in turn leading to way more FG. In my first franchise year, most of the kickers in the league had over 30 FG made.

Last year in the NFL, only 6 guys did that. In 2007, only 4 guys did that. In 2006, 2 guys. You get the point.

Also, because of the forced passing in goalline situations (and other situations) CPU receiving TD totals are off the charts. In the NFL

6 guys had 10+ TD in 2008
6 guys had 10+ TD in 2007
4 guys had 10+ TD in 2006

In my first franchise year, 18-20 players had 10+ TD receiving! There were also 10 QB with 30+ TD passes, including 3 who had 40+.

Feels like the Arena Football League.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #11
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

We might have to play/watch every single game to get halfway realistic stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10

I dont have many problems with the game. But this does bother me me alot, the worse part for me is that I have 12 TD and 326 yards with Sammie Morris and he is leading the RB of the Years after week 11 and M.turner has 1,400 yards and 3 TD and he is not evevn on the list!!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

This is by far the biggest issue with Madden (simmed stat engine). It's just bad and it takes away from the entire experience from playing a franchise.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 25

^^^ More like KILLS the experience. Especially when your team (and i play 3 teams...NE,MIN,PHILLY....) are all the top guys on the leaderboards...In my franchise it looks like this...

Rushing TD's

1-AP with 10
2-Westbrook with 7
3-Taylor with 7
4-Maroney with 6
5-McCoy with 5

Then everyone else....Dont know how this could have made it in the final game. POOR QC if you ask me.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Through some testing to find out the best time for supersimming games, i have found out that there are a STUPID amount of KR/PR TD's. Welker returned 4 punts for TDs in a 12 min supersim game. This leads me to believe that THIS is where ALOT of the RB TDs are going. So i go into my franchise and check KR/PR and amzingly....I found that EVERY team in the NFL through 7 weeks has at least 1 player with a KR/PR TD. The top 3 for PR were Hester with 5...Welker with 4 and Cribbs with 3.....several other team had 2 and the rest had at least 1. As far a KR go, hester led here as well with 3...nd a TON of teams had 2 and the rest 1. Not one team was without a KR/PR for a TD....SO....

Through 7 weeks Hester has 8 KR/PR for TD's? On pace for 16+....Silly...This seems to be were score get jacked in franchise games and RB are being ROBBED of TDs. When you supersim 9/10 there is at least 1 KR/PR for a TD every single game. There are definitely issues with the code within this game....Cheezy BS if you ask me. That is when franchise stats are screwed...ST's!

How this is effecting RB's getting TD's is that while simming games (supersim or weekly) the game is giving way too many KR/PR for TD's running time off the clock and killing teams posessions and reducing the total number of plays being run. Hence, not simming enough situations where long drives are capped off by a TD for the RB. When you supersim a game and there is NOT any KR/PR for TD's, you are seeing longer drives which take teams into the redzone and setting up TD's for the RB. I have supersimmed dozens of games and i am getting the same result.

Hope they can address this with the patch, as we now know where the issue is.....I think.....
While there are a large amount of KR and PR for TD"s, I doubt this is the main reason why RB's are not getting TD's.

If this was the reason, then we would also see a decrease in the amount Passing TD's. But instead there are actually more passing TD's and less rushing TD's.

KR/PR for TD's = less Rushing TD's AND passing TD's... but this isn't what has happened.

I think it's quite simply bad simulation logic on the part of EA. Teams just pass too much in the red zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
We might have to play/watch every single game to get halfway realistic stats.
Haha, now if only you could PLAY the game and get realistic stats too...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »