Home

The Only way EA can regain the Gamers they lost.

This is a discussion on The Only way EA can regain the Gamers they lost. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Only way EA can regain the Gamers they lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
This site just keeps going down the drain... Madden 10 is a good football game.... maybe people don't have the money right now to go out and buy this game .......
Your missing the point here. The facts are EA is losing thier fan base. Yes Madden 10 is the best of all the games on the next gen era, and plays a solid game for some. No one can argure that.

The problem is Madden is losing more fans every year that passes. Madden 10 didnt change that, so I'm posting what I feel EA needs to do to bring those gamers back. Many of those gamers dont like the engine being used. When you read why they dislike Madden. It is always mentioned that they dont like the engine.

I never said Madden 10 sucks anywhere in my post. People really need to pay attention to what they read and stop being so defensive when something is written not praising Madden. I know things have been rough here , but I posting a solution that I feel that would bring the gamers they lost back. Again I never said Madden 10 sucks.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #10
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Your missing the point here. The facts are EA is losing thier fan base. Yes Madden 10 is the best of all the games on the next gen era, and plays a solid game for some. No one can argure that.

The problem is Madden is losing more fans every year that passes. Madden 10 didnt change that, so I'm posting what I feel EA needs to do to bring those gamers back. Many of those gamers dont like the engine being used. When you read why they dislike Madden. It is always mentioned that they dont like the engine.

I never said Madden 10 sucks anywhere in my post. People really need to pay attention to what they read and stop being so defensive when something is written not praising Madden. I know things have been rough here , but I posting a solution that I feel that would bring the gamers they lost back. Again I never said Madden 10 sucks.
I think its to early to say that Madden 10 vast improvements will go unnotice this year and in the future. It will take time to rebuild peoples trust.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

I thought I read somewhere that a new engine was implemented when PS3/360 were first launched? If so, that tells me that it's not an overnight thing, as to this day most people believe the "new" engine is cr*p. (Not me so much, but most people)

Ian and crew had to work with what they had. One of the first things they did was slow the game down, and stop the QB's from constantly jogging to the line.

Then, they got rid of the moonshot long balls.

Then, cutscenes and slightly improved presentation.(Again, not done very well in some people's opinions)
Etc....

So, little by little, there's improvements being made. Still a long ways to go, but it's a start.

As for last gen being played up until year's end-----I'll give you that. But even those versions had lackluster presentation and unrealistic gameplay that wore thin to me after the season was over, and I never felt that excitement of "I cannot wait to start a new season!" feeling. What game did? You guessed it, 2k5. But 5 years later, even that game is stale to me.

M10 may keep me interested till next year,which is a first for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

What do you think cosumers would say if Madden came out and said that they would not be making a Madden11 so that they could just focus on a new game engine. People, even a few diehard football fans, would be at EA's throat for not giving us a Madden11 game.
Consumers have put the demand for new games so high that losing 10% of game players is better than gaining 50% more after the changeover. It would take a long time for Madden to recover from that 1 year of lost sales.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Traded Madden for Batman, Batman was only 38 bucks and the trade nearly covered it. Best trade ever.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #14

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

How many of these threads are we going to have?

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »