Home

Where the HECK is this?

This is a discussion on Where the HECK is this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
Where the HECK is this?

I'm not gonna bellyache about EA essentially lying about "if you see it on sunday you'll see it in madden 10". We all know it's B.S. if there were ever such a perfect example. But, as I was going through the "edit a player" how...in the world....does EA leave out 2 crucial CRUCIAL peices of equipment: Eye black and mouth guard (think larry johnson and joey galloway). They've had it ever since madden 05 and now decide to take it out? That's inexcusable and SHOULD be fixed in a patch...or at least put in.

Seriously though, you can include handwarmers and towels but forget eye black and mouth guards? I love that I can have 10 different color visors, yet this is gone. Come ON EA!

I lied about not bellyaching. EA does that to me sometimes.
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Where the HECK is this?

100 problems with this game and you cry about eye black and mouth guards, wow
Old 08-28-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmogs10
Those 100's of problems have been beaten to Death over the last couple weeks. I think we all get it by now.
There's really nothing new we can say about them unless there's a thread that states how to FIX those problems.

And how do you know he's only worried about Eye Black and Mouth Gaurds?
Would you rather him start thread #32456 about Crappy Oline blocking or no Pass Rush that we've beaten to death?
I think Ian pretty much knows the major problems by now.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
Banned

Dont cry over little problems (actually not problems, them not putting eye black or mouth guards in this game effects nothing)
Old 08-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Another case of an a hole being an a hole for the sake of what???

Dude, who are you? You act like the OP ranted about how its a game killer or something. It was a simple observation. For all we know, EA may have just forgotten it or they never considered it and superjew's post might give them an idea for next year.

There are gonna be a bunch of guys who don't care about eye black or mouth guards... and you know what they'll do?

They'll read this, shrug their shoulders and move on. The mature guys won't find the need to criticize (in a feeble attempt at being an anonymous internet tough guy).

So how about this sport... learn to ignore threads that don't pertain to you.

Last edited by slthree; 08-28-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

i just don't understand how i had the game for 2 days and i was like....wow i can't seem to get to the quarterback with james harrison and lamarr woodley.

let me try another defense....i just had five sacks in one game with Jimmy Wilkerson of the Buccaneers.

there seems to be some sort of problem...maybe i should check it out.

i like the game a lot but damn some of these issues just kill it.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Another case of an a hole being an a hole for the sake of what???

Dude, who are you? You act like the OP ranted about how its a game killer or something. It was a simple observation. For all we know, EA may have just forgotten it or they never considered it and superjew's post might give them an idea for next year.

There are gonna be a bunch of guys who don't care about eye black or mouth guards... an you know what they'll do?

They'll read this, shrug their shoulders and move on. The mature guys won't find the need to criticize (in a feeble attempt at being an anonymous internet tough guy).

So how about this sport... learn to ignore threads that don't pertain to you.
HA HA HA HA, you need a cookie and a hug
Old 08-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progenitor
Those 100's of problems have been beaten to Death over the last couple weeks. I think we all get it by now.
There's really nothing new we can say about them unless there's a thread that states how to FIX those problems.

And how do you know he's only worried about Eye Black and Mouth Gaurds?
Would you rather him start thread #32456 about Crappy Oline blocking or no Pass Rush that we've beaten to death?
I think Ian pretty much knows the major problems by now.
Excellent point. A lot of people feel that the more negative posts about game play problems should be put to the forefront, but this is what the OP wanted to bring up regardless to whether he knows the game play issues that some people harp on a million times, even though the Madden team probably already knows most of them.

Quote:
Dont cry over little problems (actually not problems, them not putting eye black or mouth guards in this game effects nothing)
To the OP, it affects the visuals. It would be a nice addition if it was in, but I don't remember this being promised and this is definitely not that big of a deal to me as the OP is making it seem like. I personally think that the hand warmers, towels, and colored cleats were good enough for me, but everyone thinks differently.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 08-28-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »