Home

Penalty anyone

This is a discussion on Penalty anyone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Penalty anyone

I posted this in the sliders and no said a word. So I thought I would try here. Is anyone getting penalties called besides holding on extra points. I turned it down to 20 like someone said and sometime I still will have 3 called in a row. The only other penalty I have called is delay of game LOL. What's the deal.I never seen anything as bad as this game. I have NEVER had a pass interference called on either side. Really guys without getting into a hugh fight about this why after 21 years can't EA come even close fixing this. I have been talking about this for over 15 years. Its like Steve is not even allowed to ask when he does his Q&A with them if this has been fixed. They just ignore this year after year. With no input from them, I really don't get it. Why won't they address it it's a hugh part of the game. I play all pro 7 min qt.

Thanks David
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Penalty anyone

First off the holding penalties on extra points and feild goals is a computer glitch which will be patched so calm down on that front

2nd off Interference calls are pretty bad since there never called, i have seen 3 or 4 and thats in like 40 games so thats sad, so i agree with you there this should be called more

3rd thats really the only problems, they made a mistake with the holding which will be fixed, its not like its called on every big run so its called a fair amount there, clipping is good, facemasking is good and they even added unnecessary roughness this year

so overall i think there penalties are good
Old 08-29-2009, 07:09 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmogs10
First off the holding penalties on extra points and feild goals is a computer glitch which will be patched so calm down on that front

2nd off Interference calls are pretty bad since there never called, i have seen 3 or 4 and thats in like 40 games so thats sad, so i agree with you there this should be called more

3rd thats really the only problems, they made a mistake with the holding which will be fixed, its not like its called on every big run so its called a fair amount there, clipping is good, facemasking is good and they even added unnecessary roughness this year

so overall i think there penalties are good
Thanks for your thoughts, my main question is why after 21 years is it so hard to get such a hugh part right. At least NCAA10 got this right. Funny thing is with the second great ea patch you can now run four of 5 KO or punt returns for TD lets hope that's not part of the madden patch never know with ea though.

Last edited by dbrandon; 08-29-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

I've seen about 10 in 75 games of pass interference on the CPU of course.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
I posted this in the sliders and no said a word. So I thought I would try here. Is anyone getting penalties called besides holding on extra points. I turned it down to 20 like someone said and sometime I still will have 3 called in a row. The only other penalty I have called is delay of game LOL. What's the deal.I never seen anything as bad as this game. I have NEVER had a pass interference called on either side. Really guys without getting into a hugh fight about this why after 21 years can't EA come even close fixing this. I have been talking about this for over 15 years. Its like Steve is not even allowed to ask when he does his Q&A with them if this has been fixed. They just ignore this year after year. With no input from them, I really don't get it. Why won't they address it it's a hugh part of the game. I play all pro 7 min qt.

Thanks David
I believe that the fact you play 7 min qtrs has a bit to do with it. Of course, the holding calls while kicking and lack of pass interfernce calls are a glitch but you'll get more of the other calls if you play say...12 min qtrs. Its the same thing in EA's NHL games. Its like they pro rate the calls to the amount of time you play...not sure why that is, but its been like that for awhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm gettin' them all. I usually see 7-8 penalties a game. The ones I see regularly are holding, facemask, pass interference, clipping, & false start. Sometimes I get roughing the passer, running into kicker, & intentional grounding. I have not seen any delay of game or offsides.

I guess just keep messing with the sliders. All of mine are pretty high (70-85).
Old 08-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

ive seen **** all penalties.

ive seen a couple of holding penalties on fgs & xps. not heaps bad like some have said, but its stupid cos its the only time they get called.

there is the occasional false start.

delay of game (only when i do it tho).

thats all ive seen really. ive only played >10 games (with 12-15 min qtrs + acc clock), but every match has at least 5-10 penalties called. ill go thru games without them been called at all.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I get called for Unnecessary roughness when I hit players our of bounds.

I've been lucky on the holding during FG. I get about one a game, usually during the extra point fg.

That's it for penalties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »