Home

The Unexplained Mysteries of Madden 10

This is a discussion on The Unexplained Mysteries of Madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: The Unexplained Mysteries of Madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Ban me if you wish.

Every once in a while a post like this comes up from months back. You start to read the responses, particularly the hope filled and overly enthusiastic thank you's that came in addition to the M10 purchase.

I don't care how much positive you see in this game, honesty and bias are two separate things. Honesty says we got lied to, bias says we can deal with it because its common place.

I must say this whole situation has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth about EA and particularly Ian and the Dev. team. I seriously don't grasp how you treat customers like this.

You came here looking for input and you got tons, some critical and some not, but all rooted in being helpful. You renewed faith in your product by inadvertently hyping and selling it during the development phase.

Now, when pressing issues come up, when you get called out on promises unkept, you turn you back and leave. Before that you seemingly placed your hands on your hips and acted as if you had no clue what we were talking about (pursuit angles).

To any outsider is painfully clear the screw job that took place. Most of us are left looking like a group of clowns because its obvious we cared about a product more than the people making money off it.

I got given the game for free and I still feel ripped off, I cant imagine what the people who paid for it feel.

Its not about playing the game around the issues it has. Its about asking why they weren't or cant be fixed.
Agree 100%....they were here for our money...they got it..now they're gone...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 12:31 AM   #26
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
the reason they arent interacting is because there on vacation. But great post! Especially agree with CPU and User skill confusion. I just dont get some of it.
There not on Vacation, they are indeed working on Madden 11. Problem is this board right now is full of spammers and trolls. They usually wait a few months then come back, its been like this for the past few years now. By About December They will come back and most of the trolls will have left.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:43 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

Many of those "spammers" and "trolls" still have a game that doesn't work properly, two months after purchasing it. After the second patch they'll still have a game that doesn't work the way EA showed in blogs, videos, etc. during the build up to Madden 10 launch.

They leave around December because they give up on the game.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:09 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
How do the player attribute ratings truley interact
They don't, that's how ; the ratings are irrelevant. Punters, Kickers, WRs can play on the oline and protect the QB just as well a group of All Pro olineman
Old 10-20-2009, 08:34 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
First of all, Secondly, you shouldn't get banned for a post like that. I agree with everything that you had said. It's just so apparent what has happened, especially with the blogs. I was sooooo psyched to get this game and it was probably the biggest let down I have experienced in terms of video games.

The devs need to think about it this way. It's like they are a coaching staff that has been hired to revive a once storied program that has gone down hill the past 5 years. You guys are under the magnifying glass cause you're the only game in town! You have to stand up to your work, answer the tough questions! All great and successful people have to deal with this. But the Madden devs do not! They need to answer and defend things like the post about how ratings don't matter, and how people sub in their kickers and punters for lineman, DB/WR interaction, run blocking, etc.. Tells us what the sliders exactly do, what ratings mean, but nothing!

The only reason why I hang around this board is because I'm just hoping that a dev will come on here and stand up and defend their work and answer questions!

One more thing, you know it wouldn't be that big of a deal if Madden wasn't the only game on the block. But think about all the FPS out there and then think about how if there was ONLY one FPS that could be made.

The reason people are up in arms( and have been for years) is that this crap is all there is. This should be a crime ; I wish the whole development team would decide to resign and give some other game developers a chance. The devs obviously put in a lot of effort. They came here for feedback ; they flew out the most critical posters to community day for feedback ; they put out blogs and seemed to make changes based on our imput. Sadly, this is the best they can do ; it's clearly not good enough looking at this board. You can tell how good or bad a game is simply by looking at the complaints or lack there of in forums discussing the game.

If you go look at the sub forums that discuss the other sports games, you don't see 1/10th of the gripes. On this forum, there are nothing but complaints.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
The reason people are up in arms( and have been for years) is that this crap is all there is. This should be a crime ; I wish the whole development team would decide to resign and give some other game developers a chance. The devs obviously put in a lot of effort. They came here for feedback ; they flew out the most critical posters to community day for feedback ; they put out blogs and seemed to make changes based on our imput. Sadly, this is the best they can do ; it's clearly not good enough looking at this board. You can tell how good or bad a game is simply by looking at the complaints or lack there of in forums discussing the game.

If you go look at the sub forums that discuss the other sports games, you don't see 1/10th of the gripes. On this forum, there are nothing but complaints.
Most of the gripes stem from the exclusive liscense, some people just can't let go and direct all the anger to EA. I would go on that bandwagon from 06-09, but 10 has me still playing. 10 is 10 X better than it's predecessors, and I understand that is not good enough for some people.

The people that are playing the game are not posting on the forums, that's why you see so much negativity. Constructive criticism is good for the game. If people don't enjoy it, they should give out constructive criticism.

Oh, if you go into any gaming subforum, you will see gripes and a lot of them. It's difficult to sit back and compare how many gripes each gaming subforum has.

I know 2k baseball had tons of gripes and 2k10 has it's share of gripes as well, it's not just immune from the Madden Forum.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 13

Great thread! I hope we get some response from EA. I remember back in the days when the manual from Front Page Sports Football Pro was textbook-sized . . . and I loved it! Society these days expects the quick fix. I bet 99% of the public wouldn't even open the manual, regardless of the size. This issue isn't just football or EA - NHL 10 and NHL 2k10 both have minimal manuals that describe very little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #32
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

RMoody hit the nail on the head (as did the OP). I actually sold my copy two weeks ago (after trying the punter/o-line experiment) yet still pop back in here hoping to see that some lingering questions will be answered. I have seen "the great Ian" in here and see that the big questions are not acknowledged which either means he doesnt know (bad) or answering would admit that he is a lying hype machine - also, bad. Ian, if you truly do want to make the game great you must remember that admitting there is a problem is the first step. The game was better but not confronting issues will blow up in your face - that is a rule of life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »