Home

Easy sacks in Madden 2010

This is a discussion on Easy sacks in Madden 2010 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Easy sacks in Madden 2010

I've seen a lot of problems with people getting sacks on here. I've been playing on a little higher than all-pro level on 8 minute quarters and I've been getting around 10 sacks per game. Last game I got 18. Here's my strategy.

I'm the Redskins, and I moved Orakpo to LE. I'm several years into my franchise and Rak is rated 92. I still have Haynesworth, rated 98. I was able to acquire the 1st overall pick and use it in a trade for Aaron Curry, who I placed at LOLB (I run a 4-3 by the way). These guys are the keys to my blitzing. You have to have a strong DT, a fast LE and fast LOLB.

I use a zone blitzing scheme where Curry (LOLB) blitzes while the opposite end (RE) goes into zone coverage and the middle LB covers Curry's former spot. I move the D-Line to the right (towards Rak and Curry) so that Haynesworth is lined up in between the RG and RT and Rak is just outside of the RT. I blitz Curry straight into the RT every play. Haynesworth usually takes out the guard. The RT is confused on whether or not to pick up Rak or Curry, so one of them usually gets a free lane to the QB who is unable to even begin a throwing motion and is sacked.

I just finished a season where I only played half the games. Orakpo finished with 22 sacks, Curry with 17, Haynesworth with 5, my other DT with 8, and my RE with 12. I use the same formula to blitz my CB's at times too, so I had a few sacks with them also.

Again, I'm doing this on a few notches over All-Pro level, so it's not as though I'm doing it on the easiest skill level. It's the basic defense that I run every play. If they run the ball, I stay in control of Curry and I'm able to shoot the gap most of the time and get the ball carrier before he gains substantial yardage. I wanted to put this out there because it has been really easy to get sacks this way. Just make sure to try and dive at the QB before they get into their throwing motion, that way they don't throw the ball away.

Let me know if this works for anybody else.
If you continue seeking a Madden game with all of the options it had on XBox, you will be disappointed. If you accept that the next-gen version of Madden is a downgrade in every area except graphics, then you will find a true gaming experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Easy sacks in Madden 2010

it sounds like you found a nano blitz. yay!
Old 08-29-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
Rookie

I used this blitz back in the older-gen Madden. It just took some time to get it to work and see how the AI reacts to different movements by my moves. It's particurlarly effective against younger QB's. I was only able to get to Brady a couple times because he kept getting the ball out before the sack. But yeah, it definitely works. I'm getting ready to play the playoffs on a higher skill level, so I'll see how it works during them. I'll be playing in a higher level and against the best teams, so we'll see.
If you continue seeking a Madden game with all of the options it had on XBox, you will be disappointed. If you accept that the next-gen version of Madden is a downgrade in every area except graphics, then you will find a true gaming experience.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
Rookie

My blitzing strategy worked on All-Madden as well. The lower the QB awareness, the less they will throw the ball away when they are going to get sacked, atleast so it seems. I played the Patriots and got to Brady a couple times, but I also forced 4 int's because I hit him just as he threw.
I started my next season and played the Eagles. McNabb was hurt and Kellen Clemens was playing. I destroyed him for 13 sacks and I only played 3 quarters (super-simmed the 4th, won 55-10).
Old 08-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
Rookie

I played a season as the ravens and super simmed defense on all pro. My DL was Manny Lawson at LE, Antwan Barnes at RE, and Haloti Ngata at DT. 4th season of franchise and all of them are above 92 overall. I think Lawson had 25 sacks, Barnes 24 and Ngata 23.5.
Went 15-1 and won Super Bowl. Flacco was MVP with close to 6000 yards passing and 52 TDs
College Football: Ohio State Buckeyes
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NBA: Orlando Magic
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »