Home

I now know why blitzing the computer AI QB is so difficult

This is a discussion on I now know why blitzing the computer AI QB is so difficult within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
I now know why blitzing the computer AI QB is so difficult

I have another post here where I posted a video of a play where my player from the Bucs Torrie Cox didn't blitz like he should have. I narrowed the play the computer ran on me in All-Madden to only two possible plays from the Cowboys playbook. In each one, TE Jason Witten goes out for a short pass over the middle. However, in the video I posted, he clearly stays in to block.

This can only mean one thing. If the computer AI is choosing plays only in the Cowboys playbook then it must be hot routing Jason Witten to block! I knew that the computer changed its play based on the defense it read, but I didn't know that it actually altered the play. I thought it would maybe just audible to a a different play. But I never knew it was altering the current play and hot routing players to block for it when they saw a blitz coming. Maybe some knew this already and this is old news to some of you, but this is a revelation to me!

I've been wasting my time and tearing my hair out over this. No wonder I have such a hard time getting to the computer QB. No wonder plays and blitzes and defenses I design and work on for hours at a time that work perfectly in practice All-Madden mode don't work in the game against the computer AI. Lousy sneaky All-Madden computer AI...

Now the next question obviously is... If the computer AI is hot routing blockers, is it also hot routing pass routes? Hmm?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 02:16 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: I now know why blitzing the computer AI QB is so difficult

If you make your blitz obvious, the CPU will motion the tightend in to block. Obvious. It does this on all-pro, and custom too. If not all difficuly levels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »