Home

Recourse in Response to Online Cheats...

This is a discussion on Recourse in Response to Online Cheats... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 05:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recourse in Response to Online Cheats...

Before I even start: There is bitching about cheating in this thread. If you don't like it... please DO NOT post.

Is there any course of action we are able to take vs. players that blatantly cheat online?

It is games like this that make me want to just take my game back and say forget. I paid extra for a special "elite" status, and I get lagged on during a game winning FG in double overtime. It was a 20 yard field goal and the lag was so bad that i couldn't even start the meter. Next play he runs a sweep w/ Chris Johnson, breaks 2 tackles and takes it to the house for the win. I can't f'n believe that we have no method of combating this kind of stuff. Is EA trying to drive away customers? Why is this online system so severely broken that we can't even rep our opponents so we can see before hand how they play?

So frustrating to play for an hour and a half and to get cheated like this. Is there any recourse through EA that can be taken at all? If only so this player doesn't keep doing it to other players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 05:46 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Recourse in Response to Online Cheats...

How do you know it wasn't just your internet being screwy?

And maybe if you had played better containment on Johnson he wouldn't have been able to get to the outside and score...since it was a 20 yard field goal I'm assuming his TD run was at least 90 yards...so you probably ran some sort of engage eight blitz and he pitched it outside, got away from your only line of defense (a blitzing corner probably) and was gone...Maybe if you played a smarter defense you would not have given up a long touchdown.

I'm sure it's EA's fault that you couldn't make a 20 yard field goal. No matter what the lag, you could just tap the right stick up and down immediately and make that type of chip shot. I'm sure it's also EA's fault that you can't tackle.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:51 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Recourse in Response to Online Cheats...

Not much you can do if someone lags you out like that., Really, not much anyone can do about it. If someone wants to win that bad that they have a lag switch, I guess they will find that special place in Hell reserved for them.

Really, though, if you play randoms, you have to know by now what you are going to get.

Unles someone actually cheats you out of a win by some kind of DC glitch or something like that, you just have to grit your teeth and move on to the next game. It really sucks, but, once again, what can you really do besides only play people you know?

Maybe EA can put in player feedback so you can rate the guy you just played and leave a comment about them. That way, at least you could see what type of player they are before you decide to challenge them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »