Home

Blind passes must be patched.

This is a discussion on Blind passes must be patched. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
Blind passes must be patched.

Blind passes are completed passes to a person that is not looking and/or has not completed his route.

It is crucial because its is single handedly the most unrealistic thing currently in Madden at the moment. If I send someone on a 15yrd streak and i bullet it to them, they should get smacked in the back of the head.

And to those who want to be able to go get the ball after its thrown, cool. But you should have to fight the momentum of the reciever. So In the aforementioned streak, you would have to stop the reciever mid sprint and deal with the needed footwork/rebalancing for them to make a play on the ball.

This can easily be remedied by not having the reciever react unless he is looking at the quarterback. If this tech is not yet available, then have them not react until the last cut of their route.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Blind passes must be patched.

I have been preaching this for a few years now. The ability to "blind pass"(good name) is what breaks this game. Its why they have to cheat the defense to play good defense and its why the pass rush is not effective unless you resort to AI busting tricks to get pressure. Its why you are forced to blitz to get pressure.

Its why the cpu is "robo QB." Any pressure it faces and it can chuck the ball to any WR and still possibly make a completion. The messed up thing with this year though is bump and run has made it possible for you to put heat on the cpu so bad that when it does chuck it the WRs are still stuck in the bump animation so it all looks whack and fake.

If the offense had to wait to throw on the WR's cut, that creates a natural time frame to give the dline time to create pressure or make sacks and not have to resort to blitzes all the time for pressure.

I dont know why they cant see this. If you can just drop back and chuck the ball whenever you feel like, disregarding the routes called in the play, how can you reasonably create defenses to work properly against that without having to rely on warping and super leaps ? Thats why the game looks so un natural in motion.

If I call a cover 3 to eliminate my opponents tendency to throw posts to his slot, its negated because if my under coverage has my LB going to a buzz zone, you can now throw to that slot WR before he makes a cut and is a auto 10 yard catch.

Thas why the game is yearly reduced down to 5 offensive and defensive plays everyone runs because between the devs playing with the game speed, ratings,and animations, Blind passing added in with all that breaks the game down to people trying to find stop all or nothing defenses and money offensive plays.

The game is not football, its madden.

Last edited by TombSong; 08-30-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Blind passes must be patched.

I actually think the head tracking was better last year thann this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »