Home

A new Rating for Madden 11

This is a discussion on A new Rating for Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #17
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: A new Rating for Madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
So he's about even with Peyton Manning but Manning is a choke-artist and Ben is gold in the postseason. Ok.

The problem with your theory is that there's no difference between a go-to guy and a clutch guy. In basketball, there's guys like Robert Horry that wouldn't really do anything the entire game but give him a big shot in the waning moments and it's almost guaranteed he'll make it.

Who in the NFL doesn't play well in the regular season and then all of a sudden is a monster in the post-season. The only instance I can really come up with is the Colts and the Cardinals defenses all of a sudden figuring it out. It's not clutch. It's just preparation.
Ok Who prepares better than Peyton Manning? Nobody! So if we can put him into the choke artist pile. That disproves preparation is what make players perform in crunch time. Some people can remain cool when they have been knock down and step up at important junctures in a game. Big Ben being an example of somebody stepping up when it was time.

FYI Peyton Manning worst post-season statistically was the year they won the SuperBowl.

3 TD's 7 INT's and a 68.1 QB rating

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #18
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Ok Who prepares better than Peyton Manning? Nobody! So if we can put him into the choke artist pile. That disproves preparation is what make players perform in crunch time. Some people can remain cool when they have been knock down and step up at important junctures in a game. Big Ben being an example of somebody stepping up when it was time.

FYI Peyton Manning worst post-season statistically was the year they won the SuperBowl.

3 TD's 7 INT's and a 68.1 QB rating
I don't care about one post-season. That means he had 9 TDs to 4 INTs in the others. Pretty good if you ask me.

And you can't throw Peyton into the choke-artist pile at all.

So how'd Big Ben do in his first super bowl? 9/21 123 yards and 2 INTs. He threw fewer TDs than one of his wide receivers in the super bowl. Drop his clutch rating down into the 40s.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
So how'd Big Ben do in his first super bowl? 9/21 123 yards and 2 INTs. He threw fewer TDs than one of his wide receivers in the super bowl. Drop his clutch rating down into the 40s.
True, his first Super Bowl wasn't his best, but look at how he played in that season and those playoff games, all on the road, to get them there. Then look at all of the game winning drives he's lead and his performance in the last Super Bowl.
71 carrer INTs (#3 All-Time), 12 ret for TDs (#1 All-Time), 1483 Int Return Yards (#1 All-Time)
Member of NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team (Along with 5 other Steelers)

http://www.nfl.com/history/legends/75th-anniversary
Old 08-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #20
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold
True, his first Super Bowl wasn't his best, but look at how he played in that season and those playoff games, all on the road, to get them there. Then look at all of the game winning drives he's lead and his performance in the last Super Bowl.
Not the point. The OP is saying Peyton is a choke artist just by looking at one post-season, which is a laugh considering the countless comebacks that he has led.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Ben Roethlisberger post season #'s

W-L TD-INT QB's rate

8-2 15-12 83.5
Actually, QB rating is off.

W-L Att-Comp Comp Pct Yds TD-INT QB Rating
8-2 172-278 61.9% 2239 15-12 87.2
71 carrer INTs (#3 All-Time), 12 ret for TDs (#1 All-Time), 1483 Int Return Yards (#1 All-Time)
Member of NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team (Along with 5 other Steelers)

http://www.nfl.com/history/legends/75th-anniversary
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 12:14 AM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Not the point. The OP is saying Peyton is a choke artist just by looking at one post-season, which is a laugh considering the countless comebacks that he has led.
No I think he is a choke artist because he has choked away most of the big games in college and in the pros. I was just throwing numbers to prove a point. But I dont think numbers tell the whole story. When Peyton is hit a few times and is confused by the defense he folds like a lawn chair! I have witness it all through out his career! That isnt clutch IMO ofcourse!

Old 08-31-2009, 12:24 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 50

This rating has been talked about before but the only problem is that it sounds good but isn't.

The clutch rating can and will only be used for the CPU.

If someone wants to, they can tell me how it can even be implemented into a user player's performance.

The stat will allow the computer to march down the field and score a touchdown when it is down in the fourth quarter. If the computer is Tom brady or ben rothleisburger, it will march down the field with no way of us being able to stop it. It will be 10x worse than robo qb.

I'm sorry but that rating will lead to more frustration than happy costumers. A qb with 95+ clutch rating will score a touchdown in the fourth quarter every time no matter what play we call.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 08-31-2009, 10:57 AM   #24
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
This rating has been talked about before but the only problem is that it sounds good but isn't.

The clutch rating can and will only be used for the CPU.

If someone wants to, they can tell me how it can even be implemented into a user player's performance.

The stat will allow the computer to march down the field and score a touchdown when it is down in the fourth quarter. If the computer is Tom brady or ben rothleisburger, it will march down the field with no way of us being able to stop it. It will be 10x worse than robo qb.

I'm sorry but that rating will lead to more frustration than happy costumers. A qb with 95+ clutch rating will score a touchdown in the fourth quarter every time no matter what play we call.
1st hole in your agruement. There are a handful of rating on offense and defense that dont effect user controlled players.

2nd hole. The point of ratings is to accurately represent each players. If Brady and Roethleisburger perform better in the clutch then Romo and Manning I would like it to be represented in the game. Based on your agruement there should be no ratings at all.

3rd hole. Brees has a 98 medium and short pass accuracy rating but he doesnt complete every short or medium pass. In basketball I expect Kobe to step his game up like wise I expect Tom Brady to do the same. Its about realism. Right now clutch player's make so many errors in key times of the game. This frustrates me now. I rather be pissed cause I was beat by a poise player. Instead of having and all time great clutch player just make stupid mistakes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »